early christmas present: Jisung

Your POV

I enter my apartment, desperately wanting to throw myself onto my bed. That's all I want, besides changing out of my itchy uniform. I turn my key in the lock and enter my apartment. It's a lot darker than I remember it. It's almost 8:30, that's why, I tell myself. I kick my shoes off and slip my slippers on. As I hang my key on its hook, a big blob in the corner of my eye catches my attention. I step into the living room area and see a fort? I walk closer and stare at it.

"You're home!" Jisung smiles, popping out of the fort.

I squeak at the sudden jump scare. He was so quiet. I think, grabbing my chest.

"You scared me," I sigh.

"Sorry," Jisung apologizes.

"I'll let it slide," I say.

My curiosity causes me to squat down and take a peek into the fort. A mixture of pillows are inside on top of a thick fuzzy blanket. There are yellow star shaped fairy lights strung along the large sheet. I stand up and notice that the television has Howl's Moving Castle ready to play. I furrow my brows and look at Jisung.

"What's all this?" I ask.

"Well, I just wanted to do something for you," Jisung says, his cheeks turning pink.

"I don't remember you being an architect," I joke.

Jisung scrunches his face with a not so imitating look.

"Felix helped," He tells me.

"Now, go change and hurry back," Jisung pipes up, shoving me towards my room.

Jisung's POV

We reach the scene where the Witch of the Waste curses Sophie. The box. I suddenly remember the biggest reason why I wanted to do this. I pause the movie, Y/N lifts her/his/their head off my lap and pouts at me. Why is/are she/he/they so cute?

"I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be back," I say.

Y/N moves and lets me up.

"Hurry up or I'm watching it without you!" Y/N hollers.

I go into her room, or our room? Half of my things are here. I pick up my jacket and dig my hands into each pocket. I slightly begin to panic. Don't tell me I already lost it. I pray I didn't, unzipping the inside pocket. I feel a small box inside, I take it out.

"There you are," I say, feeling relieved.

I put the small box in my sweatpant pocket and walk back to Y/N. I sit down next to her/him/them.

"Before you start the movie," I start.

"I have something for you," I say.

I know I have Y/N's attention, she/he/they turn(s) her/his/their whole body to face me. A cheeky smile spreads onto her/his/their face making her/his/their cheeks puff up. Cute.

"What is it?" Y/N asks, her/his/their eyes doubling in size.

"An early Christmas present," I say.

I feel my heart quickening it's pace, I'm so nervous. I don't even know if she'll/he'll/they'll like it. I hope she/he/they does/do.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands," I tell Y/N.

Y/N gives me a confused look but goes along. She/He/They hold(s) out her/his/their hands, I place the box in her/his/their hands. Y/N's eyebrows furrow when I place the box.

"Open your eyes," I say.

Y/N opens her/his/their eyes and looks down at the box. Once again a confused expression only this time, confused and shocked.

"What is it?" Y/N asks.

"Open it," I chuckle.

Your POV

It looks like a ring box. I think, slowly opening the box. I gasp when I see what's inside.

"It's a ring," I exhale.

It's a silver ring that has a knot like design with little flowers in between. It looks pretty. Jisung clears his throat, I continue to stare at the ring. I'm not sure what's happening, nor do I know what I am feeling.

"Y/N," Jisung begins.

I look at him, feeling my heart quicken its pace.

"It sounds cliche but, when I saw you at the restaurant I knew that you were the one. I knew that I wanted to be with you. You are always on my mind, like a drug I will gladly take over and over. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Anytime I am feeling low, you are there for me. You never fail to make me smile," He says.

"I love you and I want to stay with you. I want to be by your side no matter what, the good and the bad. I want to be there with you. I know I may not be able to give you everything but, I can give you my love," Jisung continues.

My eyes start to water causing my vision to be a bit blurry. Jisung takes the box from my hands and picks the ring out of its place. He gently takes my right hand and places the ring on my ring finger.

"What are you doing?" I choke out.

"This, this is a promise ring," Jisung states, looking into my eyes.

I stare at Jisung as he does the same. I can feel his thumb slowly and gently going side to side on the back of my hand.

"And I have a promise for you, I will always, always love you and be committed to you," Jisung tells me, emphasizing 'always'.

I don't know what to say. I can feel a tear slide down my cheek. Jisung softly wipes it away with a caring look. Say it, Y/N.

"Would it be cliche if I said, I love you too?" I ask, pushing back tears.

Jisung chuckles and smiles. He moves his hand to the back of my neck and places his forehead against mine.

"I like cliche," He says.

A/N: Hello! i hope you liked this imagine/one-shot. Leave your request(s). Alright, have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S.- Merry(early) Christmas! Make sure to take care of yourselves<3

Also, here's what the ring looks like