i thought you were a myth- seungmin

Seungmin's POV

"I just don't get it" I sigh, kicking the sand as I walk. The sun has set and the moon has woken from it's nap, the stars are shining beside it. I continue to walk along the water, my dog trotting behind me.

"How can they just expect me to do that? It's not right" I tell myself, remembering what happened today.

<<><><><>

"Sir, this is what happens with Royalty. Every young prince or princess is arranged to be married. It's tradition" Minsoo states, crossing his arms behind his back.

"Tradition can flip off" I mutter, looking out my bedroom window.

"Your highness, language" Minsoo reminds me in his monotone voice.

"Sorry" I apologize, he nods his head.

"I just can't understand it, if I'm going to marry someone I should have a say. What if I don't even want to marry? I don't really see a point in it anyway" I say, turning to face Minsoo.

"Unfortunately we can not change it. Tomorrow you will be choosing one of the nine princesses to be your bride" Minsoo tells me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and disgust. The room goes dead silent, it's so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

"I will be leaving now, sleep well, your highness" Minsoo says, giving a bow and leaving my room.

<<><><><>

Another sigh escapes my lips, "What do you think Jinx? Should I go?" I ask my dog. Jinx barks and runs off ahead of me.

"Jinx! Wait, up!" I call out, as I start running after her.

"Aigoo, you can't just run off like that" I scold Jinx, crouching down to her. I stand back up and notice that we are on the other side of the beach. Jinx and I are near a wall of rocks. I don't really like this side because of how rocky it is. The upside is that you can't be seen from the castle. I realize how quiet Jinx is. What is she staring at? I wonder, looking around once again.

"Woah" I say, when I hear someone singing. Their voice is so beautiful, too beautiful for words. I walk to where it is coming from. I see a figure on a rock, more in the water, but not far off the shore.

"My heart is pierced by cupid, I distain all glittering cold. There is nothing can console me, but my Jolly Sailor Bold" the voice sings.

"So pretty" I coo, in awe at how sweet the voice sounds. The figure turns around, a visible shocked expression on her/his face.

"I'm sorry, I just heard you singing. Y-your, your voice is pretty" I compliment, walking into the water. Her/his eyes soften, before s/he looked scared. I can still see the fear in her/his eyes.

"Thank, thank you" S/he says, a strand of hair falling in her/his face. I would move it but, I would be soaked. We stare at one another. S/he is beautiful, how come I've never seen her/him before? I wonder, racking my memories in case I have run into her/him before.

"You haven't, I'm-I'm new here" S/he tells me. Did s/he read my mind or something? I question, tilting my head to the side. I can't help but admire her/him. The moon shining on her/his brunette hair, the light making her/his eyes shine just right. It looks as if there are stars in her/his eyes. I notice how s/he has a raggedy old shirt on. Not new, but not old like. I look at her/him more and see, s/he has a tail? My eyes widen.

"A mermaid?" I question, utterly confused.

"I-I have to go" S/he stutters, diving into the water making a splash. I can see her/his tail shine under the water, but I lose sight soon after.

"Wait" I shout, holding out my arm. My eyes roam the water looking for her/him. The tail just had to be black. I sigh in annoyance as I continue to look for her/him, going farther out into the water.

I see a head pop up not far from me.

"Seungmin?" S/he says, swimming over to me.

"Uh, yes, how do you know my name?" I ask, wondering how s/he could possibly know my name.

"I'm Y/N" s/he says, holding out a hand. I shake it, a smile forms on her/his face. Cute I think, smiling back.

"So, you are a mermaid" I say, letting go of her/his hand. Y/N nods her head 'yes' with an annoyed look.

"I thought you were a myth?" I say. The expression on her/his face changes drastically. Calm to horrified in a second. Seungmin, you should know this. I tell myself, remembering the multiple books I've read about sea creatures and myths.

"Silly humans" Y/N scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Sorry" I say, shrugging my shoulder. Y/N laughs, I smile to the music coming from her/him. We stare at one another again, we just met but I feel like I have known her/him forever. Don't think like that, it's not like you will see her/him again. I scold myself, getting sad at the fact that I may never see Y/N again.

"We will meet again, don't worry" Y/N tells me, squeezing my hand. I nod my head. I hear Jinx barking.

"I have to go but, can we meet tomorrow? Here, at eleven?" I ask, looking at her/him.

"Yes, I'll see you tomorrow, prince" Y/N says, turning around and diving back into the water. I chuckle, and start swimming back. How did s/he know so much about me? I wonder.

A/N: Hello! I hope you liked this imagine/oneshot. If you could leave a vote that'd be greatly appreciated. Also, leave some feedback or requests. Anyway, have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S- you're doing well, don't worry<3