quiet and sit still: jeongin

Spectator's POV

Twisting the doorknob, entering the apartment in exhaustion and pain. Y/N attempts to close the door quietly but the door rebels against her/his/their wishes and squeaks shut. Cringing in anxiety, praying that Y/N did not wake up her/his/their roommate. In the next room over, the roommate, Jeongin, is wide awake on the couch. He sits up on the couch and looks towards the door. Y/N hears the pillows shuffle and knows she/he/they have been caught.

"Hey," Y/N greets her/their/his roommate, walking into the living room.

"Again?" Her/His/Their roommate questions.

Y/N shrugs her/his/their shoulders with a cheeky smile, trying to cute her/his/their way out. Jeongin gets up from the couch and goes to Y/N. With a serious expression and worry in his eyes he inspects her/his/their wounds. There is dried blood on her/his/their bottom lip, a nasty looking bruise that's beginning to appear. Jeongin takes both of Y/N's hands seeing how red and swollen her/his/their hands are. As her/his/their roommate inspects like she/he/they is/are a new lab specimen, guilt comes over. Y/N looks at Jeongin and how gentle he is with her/him/them right now. Something that Y/N never quiet experienced before. Jeongin sighs and looks at Y/N.

"Sorry," Y/N mumbles.

"Sit on the couch, I'll be back," Jeongin tells Y/N, giving a smile.

Y/N nods her/his/their head and plops herself/himself/themselves on the couch, finally comfortable.

Jeongin turns the light on in the bathroom, crouching down and opening the cabinet under the sink. Why do you do this Y/N? He asks himself, staring at the first aid kit.

"Not even for me?" Jeongin asks, looking at his reflection.

"That's enough, lets go to Y/N," He tells himself, flicking the light off.

Jeongin walks into the living room to see that Y/N is not on the couch anymore. He turns his head to the left and finds her/him/them sitting on the kitchen counter. A smile coming on his face as he sees Y/N swaying herself/himself/themselves side to side as she/he/they eat vanilla ice cream out of the pint.

"Put it down," Jeongin in orders, walking over to Y/N.

Y/N pouts, "That can wait," she/he/they whine.

"No, you can have it after," Jeongin tells her/him/them, taking the pint away.

"Fine," Y/N sighs, crossing her/his/their arms.

As Y/N crosses her/his/their arms, a jolt of pain hits her/his/their ribs. While poorly hiding the amount of pain she/he/they is/are in, Jeongin catches on.

"Aigoo," Jeongin sighs.

"You can't go one day without making me worry about you. Can you?" He says.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Y/N says, forcing a cheeky grin onto their/her/his face.

Jeongin rolls his eyes, "Lift up your shirt," he demands, with a straight face.

Without looking at Y/N and not seeming to care much about his last sentence, he continues to take out all the needed things to patch up his friend. When it hits Jeongin what he said, a blush rushes to his cheeks.

"Not like that!" He exclaims.

The two awkwardly laugh, one in embarrassment and the other in pain. Y/N lifts up her/his/their shirt, showing her/his/their ribcage. Jeongin hiss' in pain when he sees it, soon feeling sympathetic for Y/N.

As Jeongin twists the cap off of the ointment he walks closer to Y/N. Jeongin squeezes out a bit of ointment and gently rubs it in on the bruised part of Y/N's ribs. Once again trying to act strong and failing, Y/N winces in pain. Jeongin continues and apologizes everytime Y/N winces and whines.

"Turn to the left," Jeongin tells Y/N, pouring alcohol onto a cotton ball.

"Do we have any whiskey left?" Y/N jokes.

"No, crazy," Jeongin replies with a tiny smile.

Jeongin carries on with Y/N's bruises, trying to come up with reasons why he does this. Every month or so he ends up tending Y/N's wounds from some strange altercation with someone or some group. He's asked about it before, now Jeongin tries his best to keep Y/N out of trouble. Turning back to the kit and taking a cotton ball and pouring alcohol onto it. Jeongin carefully dabs the cotton ball onto the cut on Y/N's right cheek. Neither of them speak, thinking that whatever they say might be wrong or stupid. Jeongin puts the cotton ball down and opens a bandaid and covers the cut with it.

"How come you do this?" Y/N asks.

Jeongin looks up from wrapping Y/N's hand.

"How come you always tend to my wounds?" Y/N asks again.

"Because I know you can't," Jeongin jokes, tying off the wrap.

"That's a lie, I can," Y/N whines.

"You just won't let me," She/He/They add/adds.

Jeongin takes Y/N's left hand and begins to wrap the cotton gauze over her/his/their knuckles.

Always making me worry about you. Jeongin thinks, remembering when he first started helping Y/N.

Y/N is right, she/he/they can tend her/his/their own wounds but, not correctly. They/she/he do/does it just enough to hold them over until it heals, but it's not good enough.

"So, tell me, why?" Y/N questions, shifting around on the kitchen counter.

"Because I care about you," Jeongin answers, looking Y/N in the eyes.

Jeongin looks into Y/N's eyes, noticing how her/his/their pupils grow bigger and taking away the color he loves. Her/His/Their eyes, one of the details about Y/N that he loves so much. It's one of the ways Jeongin can tell when Y/N is lying, her/his/their eyes.

"Now," Jeongin begins.

"Will you sit still and be quiet?" He asks.

"Yes sir," Y/N replies.

The two laugh and enjoy each other's company as the night disappears. Along with the ice cream and the stars.

A/N: Hello! I hope you liked this imagine/one-shot. Requests are still open. Alright, I hope you have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S.- you are loved and important, don't let someone tell you otherwise<3