shall we dance the night away?:minho

Your POV

"So that's just it? All this time you were just quote on quote faking it?" I ask, once again trying to wrap my head around the situation.

"Yup, I never loved you. Now, unlike you I have a life to get back to. You should too" he says, clearly holding back his tears.

He turns his back to me, and walks away. That seems to be what we humans do best. Just walk away.

"Hey, you there?" A voice asks. I blink a few times, returning back to the brutal reality of my life.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm-I'm here, where else would I be?" I say, looking up to see a confused Minho across from me.

"This is like the millionth time you've spaced out. Are you really okay?" Minho asks, with a concerning look.

"Minho, I'm okay but, we should really get back to studying. The exam is around the corner" I reply, flipping through my science book.

Why did I even choose to study science? It's so boring I wonder with a sigh.

"You're right but, you're not getting this back until you tell me" He says, reaching over and taking my text book away.

"Yah! Give it back! Minho this isn't funny" I exclaim, reaching for my book.

Being the person he is, he lifts it farther or higher so I can't reach it. Damn it, curse my height genes for being in the 'under 5'8 category'

"Then tell me, what has you so down and distracted that you keep sighing and going off into space?" Minho questions, placing my book down in front of him.

I let out a sigh, reaching for my book.

"Uh-uh, no, if you want it back you tell me what's going on in that little head of yours," Minho flicks my forehead, pulling my book to himself.

I let out another sigh, "It's nothing, I'm just stressed about the exam, that's all" I say, rubbing my temples.

"Hmm, I don't think that's all" He says, propping his head up with his hands.

"I'm all ears, and I literally have all day. So. tell me" Minho states.

How is it possible to love and hate someone? LIke, ugh! But, he is my friend and I guess that's what they do. Why does he have to be so stubborn though? I wonder, closing my notebook.

"I got dumped" I plainly state, trying to forget about it.

Apparently studying for next week's exam is not working. I notice how Minho's expression softness and his eyes seem sympathetic.

"Shit, I'm sorry Y/N," He says, placing his hand on top of mine.

I take in a breath, "It's okay, there's no need for you to be sorry. I should have seen it sooner, it was bound to happen" I tell Minho, dropping my eyes to the floor.

There is no way we could have lasted, we both live in a different world. Riches and rags don't mix.

"I'm not sorry, I'm sorry for the guy that made the worst mistake of his life," I look back up at him, confused at his statement.

Minho chuckles, "Y/N, do not see how amazing you are? Come here" he says, we both leave the table.

Minho leads me to my bathroom. Why are we in here? I wonder, giving him a questioning look.

"Look in the mirror. You see that, that, that is a work of art. That is a beautiful/handsome, amazing, kind, smart, loving person. Who is also hella smart might I add. That in the mirror is a warrior. You see, look at this!" Minho shouts, playing with my hair.

A smile on his face from ear to ear.

"Hey, don't do that" I laugh, trying to fix my now messy hair.

"There s/he is! There's that laugh, there's that smile that I love" Minho says, flashing his smile once again.

I playfully punch his arm.

"Why are you so cheesy?" I question him.

"I don't know but, what I do know is that you and I are going dancing!" he announces.

"What? On a school night? Where is my Minho? Who are you and what did you do with him?" I ask, poking him and looking around the bathroom.

Minho is now the one to laugh.

"First of all, it's Friday. Second of all, I'm being serious, there's this small little club nearby. Real lowkey, I'm sure you are going to love it," Minho states.

I shoot him a glare of 'what do you think you are doing?'

"Oh, come on, you need to get out and forget. So why not do it?" he asks, dropping his arms to the side making a thud like sound.

I cross my arms and continue to stare at him, silently judging him and his idea. I give it some thought.

"Can't we just do it here?" I ask, not really feeling the whole vibe of going out.

"Okay" Minho replies.

I furrow my eyebrows. There seems to be a lot of confusion tonight. I take note of the oddness that has been today.

"Really? No little fit about wanting to do something? Just okay?" I wonder.

"If that's what you want to do then okay. I'm all in" He says, a small smile on his face.

"Alright, last one to the living room is a rotten pickle!" I yell, bolting off to the small living room in my apartment.

"Hey! No, fair. You should have at least given me a warning" Minho complains, plopping onto the couch.

"Oh, no, no, it was your idea to dance so get your little butt up and do play 'just dance' with me" I chuckle, pulling the lump of mass called Lee Minho off of my couch.

"Alright, for your information my butt is not little, It is voluptuous and thick" He says, pointing to his butt.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night buddy," I laugh, picking up a remote.

I hear Minho clear his throat.

"Cat got your tongue or something?" I joke, proceeding to pick out a dance.

"Nope. Shall we dance the night away?" He asks, with a formal like accent.

"We shall," I reply, pressing play.

A/N: Hello! I hope you enjoyed this little imagine. If you could vote, that'd be greatly appreciated. Okie, have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S. you're doing wonderful luv, make sure to take of yourself<3