r u n a w a y s: jisung

Your POV

"What do you not understand?" I ask my parents, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible.

"Honey, it's for your own good. Besides, you always say that you want a family, so this is a perfect opportunity for you" my mother tells me, in her sing-song voice.

Her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard right now.

"Yes, I do. With the person I love, the person I choose to be with. You think I want to have a family with an immature perverted female/male. That can't even understand what is going on half of the time." I say, my patience lessening by the second.

"Don't speak to your mother that way. Don't you know how important this is? How important this is to us? You're our only child, you need to keep the family line running," My father speaks, protectively pulling my mother towards him.

I scoff at his statement, "It's always about the two of you, isn't it?"

"What do you mean?" My mother asks, a confused expression on her and father's faces.

"It's always about the two of you. Always, always telling me what to do and how to do it. You tell me how to act 'act like a lady' or 'don't sit like that, it's disgusting'. It's always, 'won't you do this for us?' and 'you got to go out last week, we never go out'. It's always, 'mom, dad, how are you?' never, 'hey child of mine, how was your day?' The both of you have never cared about me, and what I think, and how I feel! You never take into consideration that, maybe I don't want to be like the two of you. Just maybe, I want to be myself, and live my own life without the two of you breathing down my neck!" I exclaim, running my fingers through my hair out of frustration.

The expression on my fathers face changes drastically. He walks over to me.

"How dare you" he says in a stern voice, raising his hand. Pain. The sting from his smack is buzzing through out my cheek.

"Don't you ever speak that way to us. Ever." He states. I laugh at him.

"You think this is funny?" My father asks, shaking me.

"Don't touch me," I state, sternly.

I dead eye him. I take note of how he seems shocked that I said that. I pull his hands off of my shoulders and make my way towards my room. I close and lock my door.

Squirrel🐿

Me: hey

Squirrel: Hi

Squirrel: what's up??

Me: can we meet up?

Squirrel: sure, where?

Me: neverland

Squirrel: okie, I'll see you in 30??

Me: see you then

I place my phone in my pocket and take out a duffle bag. I throw in some clothes and sweatshirts, and other essentials. I can't forget blu. I remind myself of my blue stuffed dog that I have had since I was a child.

"Good-bye" I sigh, taking one last look around my room. I open my window and climb down the ladder.

Jisungs POV

Where are/is s/he/they? I wonder, looking at my phone for the time. I look around the field in case Y/N is hiding. There's no way that s/he/they are/is not coming. I take out my phone and open to their/her/his contact.

"I'm hare, I'm here" I hear their/her/his voice.

I look up to see them/her/him.

"What's with the bag?" I ask, pointing to their/her/his black duffle bag.

"Uh, you remember that time when you said that if we wanted to, we would run-away?" Y/N says.

"Yeah, why?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Well, does the offer still stand? Because, I-I need to leave" s/he/they say(s), their/her/his eyes getting watery.

Y/N begins to cry, tears pouring out and dancing on her/his cheeks. I walk over to her/him/them and hug him/them/her.

"It's okay, I'm here" I say, rubbing circles on her/his/their back.

"How about we sit down, and talk?" I suggest, still hugging them/her/him.

Y/N pulls away and nods their/her/his head 'yes' in response. We walk over this little cliff that we would dance on as children.

"What's wrong?" I ask Y/N, sitting down next to them/her/him.

"Everything, it feels like no matter what I do it will never be good enough for them. No matter how many classes I take, no matter how many A's I get, no matter how much I pretend. It will never be enough. I just feel like I'm suffocating, even if I breath I still feel-trapped" Y/N says, wiping their/her/his tears.

My baby, if I could take away the pain you feel, I would. Unfortunately, I can't. For now I will try my best to make you happy. I tell myself, placing a hand over their/her/his hand.

"I just- I just need to leave. Leave this damn place and never come back" S/he/they add(s), sniffling.

"Okay," I reply.

Y/N looks at me, tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. S/he/they furrow(s) their/his/her brows.

"What?" S/he asks, seeming confused with my answer.

"I don't have much here, and I want to leave. I know some people that we can stay with. Besides, I want you to be happy. I want to see you smile again, your real smile. The smile that makes your eyes into little crescent moons. The one when your cheeks start hurting" I state, reminiscing on my-our childhood before stress and anxiety caught up with us.

Y/N giggles.

"Are you really going to do this with me? You're not going to leave?" S/he/they ask(s), her/his/their voice shaky.

"I am, and I will never, never ever, not in a gazillion years will I leave you" I tell Y/N, reassuring them/her/him.

A small smile forms on their/her/his face, a tear drips onto their/her/his cheek. I lean over, now being the one to wipe the tears.

"Now, my little peanut. Shall we run away, to neverland?" I ask, caressing their/her/his cheek.

"Yes!" Y/N replies, the biggest smile I have ever seen plastered on their/her/his face.

Y/N jumps up and starts running, dancing around in between sprints.

"Hold up! Wait for me!" I call out, running to Y/N and taking their/her/his hand.

For as long as I am alive, I will make you the happiest you can be. No matter what.

A/N: HI! I hope you all are doing well. If you enjoyed this imagine/oneshot, please leave a vote that'd be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S.

You look lovely <3