cotton candy skies: bangchan

Your POV

I push my book aside with a sigh. I run my fingers through my hair and look up at the ceiling of my apartment. I'm supposed to be writing an essay about the main character in the book and how even with their limitations they still did everything they wanted. I know what to do and everything it's just, I can't figure out how to word it. I flip my laptop staring at the keys. As I continue to stare, there is a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I ask, walking over to the door.

I open the door and see my friend Chris aka Bangchan.

"Kangaroo!" He says, with his dimple smile.

I feel a wave of calmness come over me once I see him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Well, we haven't hung out in a while and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out," Chirs states, dropping his hands to his side.

"Uh. . ." I hum, looking back inside my apartment at my things.

You only live once Y/N I tell myself. I look back at Bangchan who has a pleading puppy dog look. He's just giving me more reasons.

"I'd like that, let me just change first," I tell him, letting him come into my apartment.

<<<><><>>

"Wait, so where are we going?" I ask Bangchan.

"You'll see soon," He replies.

Bangchan reaches over and presses the button, the bus comes to a stop. Bangchan stands up, taking my hand. The two of us walk off the bus. We are in a more rural part of the city. I look around admiring the buildings and the plantlife. I feel like I am in an alternate universe of some sort. Everything just seems so pretty, and calming.

"What are you thinking about?" Bangchan asks.

I look at him, "I didn't know there was a place like this, do you not see this?" I reply, pointing at a building.

The building is traditional and ancient looking. Stone on the outside, a round roof, there are lanterns hanging on the outside of it. On the outside there are plenty of plants around it. Along with vines that hang from the roof and wrap around a few stones. I hear a chuckle come from Bangchan, I stare at him.

"What's so funny?" I question.

"You really are an architect," Bangchan says, a soft smile.

"No duh, dingus," I reply.

He laughs, "Come on."

I follow beside Bangchan as we walk to wherever place he is taking me. He still hasn't told me, so I've been thinking of places that he could be taking me. My mind has come up empty. From afar I can hear the sound of music and laughter.

"We're here!" Bangchan announces.

I look in front of me and see a carnival. A carnival with an abundance of rides, and rigged games. The smell of fried and frozen treats fill my nose.

"Really?" I ask, getting excited.

Bangchan nods his head, "Yeah, would I bring you here just to not go in?" He questions.

"Then let's go!" I say, running in.

Bangchan's POV

I think the last time I saw a smile this big on Y/N's face was when she/he/they won the spelling bee contest. That was in elementary school. I'm really glad I got Y/N out of her/his/their room, she/he/they stay in there too long. It is refreshing. Just me and Y/N, her/him/them running around to each ride. As well as purposely avoiding the rides that are extremely high.

Y/N bolting her/his/their way to the fried dough cart and jumping up and down as she/he/they are being handed the sugary squares. Y/N and I walk around the carnival, debating on what ride or game to do next. I notice the sun is beginning to set. I remember how much Y/N loves to watch sunsets.

"Hey, Y/N," I start.

"Yes?" She/He/They reply, happily.

"Why don't we go on the Ferris wheel," I suggest, pointing ahead.

Y/N gasps in excitement and starts jumping up and down. The dirt under their/her/his feet kick up, creating a small cloud of dust.

"Yes! Lets go!" She/He/They smile.

I laugh at their reaction. She/He/They is/are too cute I think.

Your POV

Bangchan and I step into the little cart of the ferris wheel. We buckle ourselves in, Bangchan tugs on my buckle double checking it. A worker comes over and checks with us. Soon the ride begins. We start going up, slowly going higher watching over the whole carnival. I am in awe with how everything looks.

"Wow!" Chan breathly says.

"You can say that again," I say, looking at the sunset.

"Wow," He says.

I laugh, and so does he. The ride stops but I keep looking out into the distance. Everything is just so beautiful and ethereal in a way. The blue sky blending with the pink creating a string of lavender purple. A blob of sunshine yellow seeps into the painting. Long fluffy white marshmallow clouds slowly scoot along. I look at Bangchan, he is also looking at the sunset. I take his hand, he looks at me. The sun shines on him, showing his freckles.

"Thank you," I thank him.

He smiles, "Anytime."

I lean my head on his shoulder and continue to watch the sunset with him.

A/N: Hello! I hope you liked this imagine/oneshot. I hope you have a great day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S.- good luck, on anything you're worried about. I know you'll do well<3