Chapter 22

“What happened here?” She asked again and I raised my eyes from the ground to look at her just to see her smiling which made me give her a confused look.

“Its all my fault mum, I’ll clean this place up.” Alex said while I stood with a confused look.

“And I’ll help. I’m sorry about the mess Mrs Reed.” I told her after finally comported.

“Its Vee to you honey,” she told me with a smile, “I’ll go freshen up.” She said and turned to leave.

“Why do you looks so confused?” Alex asked making me turn to look at him.

“Your mum. If my mum found her kitchen in a mess with me and a boy in it, she’ll freak and ground me for life, after making me clean it up of course.” I told him purposely leaving out our almost kiss.

I still can't believe that almost happened.

“Sometimes my mum can be too calm.” He said with a small smile.

“You shouldn’t have taken the blame, I kind of started it.” I told him with a small frown.

“Technically you suggested we settle it as adults but I refused so I have a hand in this too.”

I opened my mouth to speak when I got interrupted.

“Woah! What happened here?” I heard Emily's voice ask.

We both turned to see our friends standing at the doorway with shocked looks on their faces.

There was a camera shutter and I gave Rosa a flat look.

“It’s a good picture. I’m keeping it.” She said with a shrug before letting out a light laugh and walking out of the kitchen.

“Dude, you look like a birthday cake gone wrong.” Justin said to me with a loud laugh.

“You both think alike, no wonder you're best friends.” I said with an eyeroll referring to Alex’s earlier statement.

“You look really nice Fiona.” Louis said with a teasing smile.

“Awwn, thanks Louis. Your statement makes me want to hug you.” I told him with a smile while walking towards him.

“I think I’ll pass.” He said laughing nervously.

“Come on now Louis, give me a hug.” I told him before wrapping my hands around him till he had flour and chocolate on his shirt too.

“Oh come on!” He groaned, “this was my favourite shirt.”

“You say that about all your other shirts.” Justin said rolling his eyes.

“Well that’s what you get for making a sarcastic comment about how I look.” I told him with a fake smile.

“I gave you a compliment.”

“In a sarcastic way and I thanked you by giving you a hug.”

“Without my consent, that’s harassment.”

“Who’s harassing who?” Rosa asked walking back into the kitchen without her camera.

She gave Louis a confused stare before shaking her head as if saying she didn’t want to know.

“Dude just let it go, you can’t win against her.”

“Thank you Joshua.” I told him with a smile.

“Not to interrupt or anything but who’s cleaning the kitchen?” Justin asked from where he was sitting.

“We are.” I told him referring to Alex and I.