Epilogue Part 1

TEN YEARS LATER

“Alright ladies, we need to be ready and out in ten minutes. The guest is seated and the ceremony is about to start.” The wedding planner said to us and we nodded at her before she left.

“Alright guys, I think I’m ready. How do I look?” She asked us and I gave her a genuine smile.

“You look perfect my love.”

“Thank you, Fifi.”

The shutter of the camera made us turn to look at Rosa.

“Shouldn’t you be taking pictures of the guests and the groom?” I asked her with a raised eyebrow and she shook her head at me.

“My staffs are handling that already. I’m mostly handling the bride today.”

“Okay bride, let’s zip you up and get you out of to get your ass married,” Emily said zipping her dress up.

“This dress is unreal Em, you did so well,” I told my best friend and she nodded at me with a smile.

“Tell me about it, it’s even more beautiful than I imagined and I didn’t even have to do so many fittings. I feel so honoured to be wearing a 'Lily signature'd ress by the great Emily Parker. Be sure to say that on all my posts Ro, the world needs to hear of this greatness.”

“You guys need to stop being so dramatic already,” Emily said rolling her eyes but smiling widely.

“My friend is an amazing designer, of course, I’m going to boast and hype her up. Now hurry up so I can get married already.”

“Okay okay! I don’t need you turning into a Bridezilla on me. We’re done.”

“Ladies, let’s gather outside now please, the ceremony has started.” The wedding planner said and stood up before wrapping ourselves in a group hug.

“We are super proud of you Lauren. You have come a long way and you’ve been through a lot and it's very refreshing to see you come this far. We know you’re going places and we can’t wait to see you shine but I hope you know we’ll always be proud of you. We love you, Lauren.” I said to her and of course, she was crying again.

“You guys are going to make me cry. It gladdens my heart to know that I always have you guys in my corner and I’m so grateful that we’ve all made it this far. You guys are my sisters for life.”

We hugged each other and the makeup artist did touch up her teary-eyed face before letting us go.

The wedding was taking place in an outdoor garden of Lauren’s uncle’s hotel and the decorator had done an amazing job with the decorations. It was obvious that the bride was happy with what she saw with how much she was smiling.

Emily, Rosa and I took our positions on the line with two of Lauren’s friends and her cousin while Rosa's staff took over the picture-taking for the walk down the aisle.

I tugged at my dress softly to give myself enough space to breathe.

“What’s wrong Fifi?” Emily asked and I shook my head at her.

“Nothing. It just seems like the dress is getting tighter in the chest and waist area but I think I can manage.”

“I had to adjust your dress three times in the past two weeks.”

“I know and it's strange because I’ve been trying to cut down how much I eat since the first fitting but I seem to still be adding weight,” I murmured.

“Can you manage it for today though?” She asked and I nodded quickly.

“Of course. Don’t worry about me.” I told her and she stared at me for a while with narrowed eyes before nodding.