Chapter 28

Hi!

So I just wanted to ask/beg you people to please let me know if you notice any mistakes or typos in my chapters. No matter how many times I re read and all, I always manage to miss some of them and were not above mistakes so if you notice any, just drop a message there and I'll be sure to check it because I always make sure to check your comments 🥺

Thanks and God bless❤️

“What are you doing here?” I asked with a deep frown on my face as soon as I walked into to kitchen to see him.

“Fifi!” My sister scolded me which made me roll my eyes at her.

“What?”

“You promised.”

“I said I’d try, I’m not exactly his biggest fan.” I said in a bored tone before walking to the cupboard to grab my cereal.

After I got back from Alex’s house on Saturday, I got home to see my parents and my sister talking to Derek and for a minute I was mad that my dad didn’t kill him like he promised.

One way or the other, Derek had managed to convince them that he was here to stay and my dad placed him on probation and assured him that if he hurt my sister, he would kill him for real.

Everyone seemed to be warming up to him except me because he seemed too good to be true.

Debby had made me promise to try to be nice to him when she noticed the daggers I kept throwing at him with my eyes and I only told her I would try.

Try being the keyword.

I wasn’t going to make things easy for him like the rest of my family did.

Someone needed to be strong for the whole family and since nobody wanted that responsibility, I gave it to myself.

I poured my milk and cereal into the bowl and sat down opposite my sister and her baby daddy.

Yes! That was the new name I gave to him because the word boyfriend was me being nice which I was trying not to be.

“So Hannah is coming over tomorrow with Damon and we’re going to my Mommy and me class together.” She said to me.

“Lemme guess, you’re taking your baby daddy along.” I said to her making her glare at me again while I just shrugged before shoving a spoonful of cereal on my mouth.

I heard him laugh lightly and totally ignored him.

One way or the other, he found my rudeness amusing which just made me angrier at him.

“Yes I’m taking Derek, do you have a problem with that?”

“I don’t. Have fun with your baby daddy.” I said again making her let out a tired sigh while he just laughed again.

“So Fiona, what are you doing after school today?”

I narrowed my eyes at his smiling face, trying to see the hint of sarcasm behind it but there was none.

“I have plans.” I told him flatly even though I was lying. I wasn’t even sure my friends were free today because I knew the guys had practice.

Great! Now I had to go somewhere after school because me coming home would mean I lied and I didn’t want him or my sister to know that.

“Okay, what about tomorrow?” He asked again and I raised my eyebrow at him.

“I have plans tomorrow too and for the rest of the week.” I lied again.