Chapter 21

Hi! It's me again.

Just checking in to know if I've been forgiven 🥺👉👈

Okay, later!

I stared at the ceiling for a while longer before getting up.

I grabbed my phone to see that I had a message from Alex and I unconsciously smiled at his name on my phone.

Alex: The twins and my mum went to movies. Can you please come over to help me cook?

Me: Sure. Give me an hour.

I locked my phone and placed it on my dresser beside my bed and smiled at the picture on the wall.

The morning after we came home, I got a package from Emily for my birthday.

It was the picture Rosa took on Hannah’s wedding of the both of us. Our hands were around eachother and we were laughing at some thing someone had said.

Happy Birthday best friend. Our smiles are forever and I’ve got you for life, always and forever!’ was written underneath the picture.

After I got it, I spent the whole day with her and we had so much fun.

I had a quick shower and settled for a purple T-shirt on a pair of blue jeans before walking down to the kitchen.

“Good morning everyone.” I greeted excitedly before placing a kiss on their cheeks.

“Well someone’s excited.” My sister replied with a smirk.

“Well duh! It’s New Year’s Eve.” I told her before sitting opposite my dad.

“I think we all know the reason you’re happy and it’s not because it’s Christmas Eve.” She said again making my face turn to a deep shade of red.

“Leave your sister alone Debby.” My mum said to her laughing lightly.

“It’s so much fun teasing her because she blushes so easily, just like you mum.”

“Tell me about it. It’s what attracted me to your mum in the first place.” My dad said smiling at my mum which made her blush.

My sister and shared a confused look at their exchange.

It was weird not seeing them arguing.

“Well thank God I didn’t inherit that. I have you to thank for that.” Debby said to my dad.

“Mum!” I whined.

“Ignore her baby, it’s what makes us special.” She said smiling at me.

“Yeah right.” Debby and my dad said together before bursting into laughter making me scowl at them.

“I’ll just assume you’re jealous.”

“You wish.” She said to me before passing me a plate and sitting beside me with hers.

We joined hands together and shared the grace before eating in a comfortable silence.

The night we came home after Alex left, I and my dad and a serious heart to heart just like I did and even though most of the crying was from me, we were in a good place and for once, I felt like my family was okay.

“Your dad and I have decided to start couple’s therapy.” My mum said breaking the silence.

That explains it.

My sister and I stopped eating to stare at her and she took it as a sign to continue.

“We realized that our constant arguments have had a big impact on you guys and our family generally so we want to fix that. We love you both so much and we want to try our best to make sure our family is okay again.”