Chapter 25

We pulled up at our house to see Alex sitting on the staircase while typing something on his phone, oblivious to the fact that we were in front of him.

We all piled out while carrying bags in our hands as we walked towards him which made his head finally snap to look at us making him stand up.

“Hey Alex, it’s been a while.” Debby greeted him with a small smile.

“Hi Debby, you look great.”

“Thanks. You want to come in for dinner?”

No thanks, I’m just here to pick up my sister. I hope she wasn’ta bother?” He asked and I tried to hide my disappointment at the fact that he wasn’t staying.

“I'm never a bother.” Zoe interrupted him making him smile at her.

“Zoe was great company and I definitely loved having her around. I hope she comes around more often.”

“Trust me, you’re going to get tired of me.” Zoe told her with a smile.

“I look forward to it baby girl. Now give me a hug.” She said before stretching her arms open and Zoe hugged her with a small smile.

“Thank you so much for today Debby.”

“My pleasure. Now I have to go in but I’ll see you guys around okay? Goodnight.” She greeted them before going inside leaving Emily and I with them.

“I had fun today Zoe. It was so much fun teasing Fiona with you so we should do this again sometime.” Emily told Zoe making her nod before hugging her while I just rolled my eyes at them.

“Definitely.”

“Goodnight Zoe, Goodnight Alex.” She greeted them before going inside too leaving me with them and an awkward silence.

Zoe cleared her throat before giving me a smile.

“I had so much fun today.”
“Me too.” I told her with a smile before I remembered something.

“Hold that thought, there’s something I need to give you.” I said quickly before running to my room and grabbing one of the Tie and dye shirts Tiwa sent to me and going back outside.

“I want you to have this.” I told her before stretching it out to her which made her eyes light up immediately.

“Are you for real?” She asked and I nodded.

She opened her mouth to speak but I beat her to it.

“Before you say anything, I had like two others apart from this one so you can have it. I want you to have it.”

She smiled at me before squeezing me into a hug.

“Thank you so much Fiona, for this and for everything.”

“You’re welcome Zoe and if you ever need to talk or you need anything, just call me and I’ll be there for you okay?”

“I will and just like Debby, you’ll get tired of me.”

“I seriously doubt that but okay.” I told her with a small laugh before she pulled away.

I looked up to see Alex looking at us with a smile on his face and I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Good night Fifi.”

“G’night Zoe.”

She waved at me before walking away with a bounce in her steps while Alex walked behind her.

I stood and waited for him hoping he would turn back but he didn’t.

I let out a disappoinred sigh before walking into the house and closing the door behind me.