Chapter 34

I paused the music playing through the speakers to hear a knock on the door for the second time and stared at it with a frown.

It was my lazy day and since I was the only one at home, I planned on watching movies, eating and sleeping mostly but whoever was behind the door was obviously here to ruin my plans.

I let out a loud groan before walking towards the door and pulling it open with force, a disapproving smile plastered on my face.

"Woah Princess! Who made you mad?" He asked with raised arms.

"You did by knocking on the door."

"Well was I supposed to just walk in?"

"You're supposed to not be here ruining my perfect lazy day." I complained even though I was glad he was here.

I liked having him around.

"Well sorry to drop in on you but I got bored." He said with a shrugged before his eyes wandered from my face downwards.

The darkening of his eyes finally caused my brain to work when I remembered what I was wearing.

I had a pink tank top on with my polka dot shorts which meant more than half of my skin was showing, and Alexander Reed was no so subtly ogling and I could feel my whole body turn red.

"Try not to drool. Come in while I put on something appropriate." I told him rolling my eyes as I made my way to my room.

"I'm totally fine with what you have on though."

"Shut up Alex." I shot back which made him laugh.

I threw on a pair of joggers and one of my dad's shirts before making my way downstairs.

Alex gave me a confused look when he saw how I dressed while I just shrugged.

"It's my lazy day, I'm not going to put any effort into dressing up even though I know I never do on a normal day. Now scoot over." I told him with a wave of my hand before taking my former position.

He stared at me for a moment before placing his head on my laps which made me freeze.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Getting comfortable."

"There's enough space in this whole room for you to get comfortable Alex."

"This is much better. Now what were you doing before I got here?" He asked facing the TV with his head still on my lap while I just tried to control my breath with how close he was.

It was hard to think with him being so close.

"Trying to watch a movie. It's kind of hard to decide so I was listening to music while I made my pick." I told him with a frown, suddenly remembering my dilemma.

"Want to watch a horror movie?" He asked and I immediately frowned.

"No thanks, I have enough nightmares for that." I told him with a humourless laugh and I saw him frown at me.

"Since you're here, will you pick the movie?" I asked him quickly with a smile in order to avoid the awkwardness that was about to happen.

He sighed before grabbing the remote and turning to the TV and scrolling through it.

After a while, he finally settled on a Rom-com and kept making fun of everything they did in the movie which made me laugh so hard.

"You know for someone who drops these lines easily, you're being a hypocrite by making fun of them." I joked.