Chapter 24

One week after and I still wasn’t talking to Alex and saying I missed him was an understatement but that didn’t stop the fact that he was an asshole to Dylan and I didn’t appreciate it.

“Fifi! I love your top so much.” Lauren called to me as I walked towards the table.

“Thank you,” I answered her with a smile, “Tiwa sent it to me from as a late Christmas and birthday gift and she also sent one each for you guys too.”

I was wearing a tie and dye spiral paterend top paired with black jeans and an all-star converse and my hair was tied up in a tight bun.

“Well you look pretty today.” Justin pointed out with a raised eyebrow making everyone nod in agreement with him.

“Debby decided to do a remake of my first day of my last year in high school and made me get all dressed up.” I told them answering their inquisitive eyes.

“I was starting to think someone stole all your hoodies.” Joshua teased making me roll my eyes at him before opening my lunch.

“Well except I’m trying to kill myself, I can’t exactly wear a hoodie in this heat.” I told him.

“Tell me about it. Winter isn’t supposed to be this hot.” Rosa groaned.

“Not sure which one is better, extreme heat or extreme cold.”

“It’s definitely the heat.” Justin answered making everyone give him a confused look.

“You just can’t pass up an opportunity to be shirtless can you?” Emily asked him making him wiggle his eyebrows at her.

“Asides from being shirtless, at least we can go to the beach, hang by the pool and all but with the cold comes staying indoors all day and if you’re outside, there’s every possibility that you can freeze to death.” Joshua spoke.

“Not to mention the extra clothes that you have to wear just to stay warm.” Justin added.

“You’re the only one against the wearing of clothes Justin.” I told him shaking my head.

“I’m sure if we ask the whole cafeteria right now, a lot of people will agree with me.”

“Just shut up and eat your lunch already.” Rosa said making him scowl at her.

“So Fiona, how long are you and Alex going to ignore each other for?” Lauren asked folding her hands before looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Probably when they finally admit their feelings for each other.” Joshua said making my head snap to look at him.

“What makes you think I have feelings for him?” I asked making everyone laugh while I frowned.

I had pushed the thought of having feelings for Alex to the back of my mind throughout the week and Joshua bringing it up just brought back my overthinking.

“I’m not totally sure about you but even a blind person can tell Alex has insane feelings for you. Dude pays attention to no one else when you’re around which is annoying by the way.” Justin said.

“And the chemistry between the both of you is undeniable but you’re both trying to fight it off so bad, at least I think one of you is.” Joshua added.

I looked at the both of them before shaking my head.

The girls were quiet because we already had the conversation so I gues it was time for the guys to talk.

“I just don’t appreciate the fact that he was an asshole to Dylan and he hasn’t apologized to him, or me. Now Dylan has refused to eat lunch with me because he claims he doesn’t want to ruin our friendship when Alex is already responsible for that.” I said with a frown remembering what he said about me throwing myself at Dylan.