Chapter 6

"I'm home!" I called to no one in particular as I closed the door behind me and turned to walk up to my room.

"In here!" My mum called back to me in a sweet voice and I gave a confused look.

That was weird because they never answered me.

They hadn't in five years.

I walked slowly towards the sitting room as if what was waiting for me could kill me.

"Surprise!"

My eyes widened as I took in who was in front of me and screamed.

"Tiwa!" I screamed and jumped on her hugging her tightly.

"Hey fave! How are you?" she greeted hugging me back with the same force.

"I'm fine! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I asked her as we pulled apart.

"For this exact reaction. I wanted to surprise you." She said excitedly.

"Well I'm surprised. Where are your parents and Tomi?" I asked looking around.

"My parents went to Nana's place and Tomi said he had some friends to visit." She shrugged as she moved to sit dragging me along.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Tiwa and Tomi were my cousins.

Their mum was my mum's elder sister and their dad was a Nigerian so they lived in Nigeria.

According to what they told us, when her mum was about to marry her dad, my grandparents were so against it especially my grandma because she wanted her daughter to marry her friend's son but eventually they realized there was nothing they could do about it so they let them be.

We weren't born then but unknown to them, Aunty Sharon was already pregnant with Tomi.

I liked Uncle Dami a lot! He was smart, funny and caring. It made me understand why Aunty Sharon loved him and also made me wonder why their family was so against their marriage.

I was a year older than Tiwa although she was my best friend aside Emily while Tomi was four years older than me which made him bully me endlessly.

I loved going to Nigeria during the summer holiday.

They stayed in Lekki in Lagos state.

Their house was absolutely amazing and huge! It had everything you could ever need but most times we went out to different places even though sometimes it was too hot to be outside for me, they seemed to be used to it so I eventually got used to it.

"Turns out Hannah's getting married soon and we have to attend." She said.

"Why am I just hearing about this?" I asked no one in particular.

"They didn't tell you?"

"They haven't told me anything in years so it's no surprise there. I'm even surprised she answered me when I came back." I said and looked around just to notice she had disappeared again.

"I can't believe this. How do you live?" she asked with a pitiful look.

"Just fine. Don't give me that look." I scolded her.

"Fine! But I'm staying here throughout our stay." She said smiling.

"Duh!" I said and we suddenly burst into laughter.

"That reminds me. I have to attend the football game tonight and my friends are coming to pick me up by 7. Are you in?" I asked her.

"You said friends. Does that mean Emily is no longer your only friend?" She asked with a surprised face.