Chapter 38(Part 1)

This chapter is divided into two parts for reasons you'll understand when you're done reading.

My nightmares got worse after the article was released in school to the point where my sister had to sleep with me just so she could wake me up.

The next day after I arrived at Derek’s place, my parents and my Nana had come and after a long discussion, they finally decided that I needed to start seeing my therapist again before it was too late.

My first session with my therapist had been an emotional one. I cried a lot and even though she thought I didn’t see her, she shed a few tears.

The last time I saw her, I had promised her that it would be the last time she was seeing me due to my nightmares and my mental health but then I had to go back to her and I was reliving my past all over again.

Things didn’t get better when I started seeing her and the day I decided to skip our session, she called my parents and now one person always goes with me.

Harry drove me today and we were on our way back home when he finally spoke up.

“I’m worried about you Fiona, you barely say a word to anyone and I don’t think this therapy is helping. I'm scared you’ll do something to hurt yourself.” He said and I turned to look at him.

“I’m not suicidal Harry, I’m just tired and everyone keeps hovering around me asking me if I’m okay, looking at me like I’m going to break at any point. I’m just tired.”

He was quiet for a moment before he parked the car. I turned to see that we were in front of an ice cream shop.

“Stay here, I’ll be right back.” He said before getting down and going into the shop and coming out a few minutes later with a brown paper bag.

He got back into the car and drove for us towards the house but instead of turning into the driveway, he kept going till we got to the park and eventually stopped again.

He turned off the ignition and got down, came to my side of the door and opened it.

“Let’s hang here a bit before going back. I told my brother we’ll be a bit late.”

I looked from his face to the park which was thankfully empty before getting down.

We walked towards the swing and sat down before he brought out the ice cream from the paper bag and passed my favourite flavour to me.

I gave him a questioning look which make him smile.

“I told your sister I wanted to take you out for ice cream and she told me.” He answered making me nod.

“Thank you.” I told him as I opened it and put a spoonful in my mouth.

“One time I twisted my ankle at a park with my siblings. Derek jumped down while his swing was in full motion and landed on his feet, it was so cool and I thought he was Spiderman. I wanted to be like him and decided to jump too but I didn’t think it through because I ended up twisting my ankle when I landed.”

He paused to look at me and even though I didn’t say a word, he continued.

“I remember Derek and Danielle laughing at me at first because they thought I was making a scene because I didn’t stick the landing but when I looked up at them and they saw the real tears in my eyes, they immediately went into panic mode and Derek carried me on his back while he ran home with my sister closely behind. I remember my mum being so scared when she saw her son running up to the house with her other son crying.

I eventually had to get a cast for two weeks before it was removed and I hated swings ever since then.”

I didn’t know why he was telling me the story and I wasn’t sure he did either but he just kept going.