Chapter 45

We were officially done with high school and everyone was in high spirits. The smiles on our faces were so huge and with Senior Prom around the corner, love was in the air and everyone kept getting asked to the dance.

Joshua had done a beautiful PROM-posal for Lauren at the cafeteria working hand-in-hand with Glee club as they did a beautiful rendition of ‘What makes you beautiful’ by One Direction and appearing with a huge bouquet of Roses while Alex and Justin had held a banner with the words ‘Will you go to Prom with me?’written across it.

Lauren cried and accepted which resulted in Emily and I throwing rose petals around with the cheers of everyone in the background while Rosa recorded the entire moment.

It was beautiful to watch and we teased them on how beautiful their wedding proposal would be when they finally got married.

Unfortunately, Louis culdn’t come back for Prom so Dylan and Rosa decided to go as friends. Emily and Justin still hadn’t made up their minds on what their relationship was but were also going to Prom together too.

Justin had filled her locker with Lilies which were coincidentally her favorite flowers that morning and when she turned around, she saw him wearing a shirt that had the words “Prom?” on it and I watched my bestfriend smile like she had won a lottery and accept. Rosa recorded that too.

Everyone was all paired up except Alex and I.

“Explain to me why Alex hasn’t asked you to prom yet.” Emily said to me as we were walking out of school.

We had juist experienced another PROMPOSAL and were on our way to Lauren’s house for a girl’s hangout. The guys were at practice for their final game tomorrow so we decided chill at Lauren’s.

“I don’t know.” I answered her honestly because I didn’t.

Alex knew I hated public gestures so I could understand why he didn’t ask me in school but I didn’t understand why he didn’t just ask me when we were together. We saw each other yesterday and watched a movie, then made out for a while before he walked me home and he still didn’t say anything. I was starting to get worried.

”Do you guys think I should ask him?”

“NO!” They all said at the same time, startling me and I looked at them in shock.

“Why are you guys so against it? We’re already in a relationship and I don’t think it’ll be so bad. People do it and I want him to know that I care too.” I said while trying to come up with ideas I could use to ask him to prom.

“I don’t just want you to look desperate.” Rosa said in an unsure tone before looking at Lauren for what I assumed to be backup.

“She’s right. You’re beautiful Fifi and a lot of guys would kill to take you to Prom since Alex has decided to be a snail about it.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Let’s give him a deadline. Prom isn’t till next week Saturday and we have to go for our dress fitting next Monday and then pick it up on Thursday. The guys have their game on Friday so if by Saturday he still hasn’t asked, Harry can take you.” Lauren said and I raised my eyebrow at her.

“I don’t think a college student will want to take a high school girl to Prom.”

“He’s your brother in-law, its fine. Or better still Dylan will take you and I’ll go with Harry. Simple.” Rosa said with a shrug.

“How come you guys have this whole things planned already?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at them.

“Because we’re your friends and that’s what friends do.” Emily said pulling my cheeks before getting in the car. Lauren went to the driver’s seat while Rosa rode shot gun.