Chapter 46

There was ten minutes left on the clock and the score was currently tied. The tension was so thin you could cut it with a knife and everyone looked ready to jump out of their seats.

I could feel my heart beating loudly in my ear the silence on our row was deafening.

My fingers were crossed and I tapped my feet nervously.

Alex had scored six touchdowns in the game, Joshua had scored two and Bryce had scored two also. The guy might be an asshole but he was really good at the game.

Justin was also on the field and he had been playing really well, taking breaks in between and lucky for him, his teammates kept making sure no one got too close to hitting him.

"With ten seconds on the clock, we'll have to see if Roseville Lions can score the winning touchdown for their final game of the season. After a beautiful game from Reed, Stephens and Jones, we can't wait to see who's going to score the final touchdown for today's game." The commentator said.

The whistle went off again and the ball was passed to Alex from Bryce who was making it down towards the final line but two guys from the winning team were coming towards him in full force.

I saw Alex's eyes scan the field and when they met Justin's he nodded at him.

Justin nodded back making Alex throw the ball towards him right before the two guys slammed into him.

It was a total slow motion moment as everyone held their breaths to see if Justin would catch it.

The field was in complete silence as the ball moved beautifully through the air and landed safely in Justin's hand.

With two seconds left on the clock, Justin took two long strides and crossed the touchdown line, throwing himself and the ball on the floor.

"And its a touchdown from Justin Green making Roseville Lions win the final game of the season!"

The crowd went crazy!

Rosa and her mum were screaming at the top of their lungs with the proudest smiles on their faces.

The rest of us were cheering so loudly, dancing crazily as the football team ran towards Justin.

Alex was the first to get to him and the two of them hugged each other tightly with huge smiles on their faces.

I felt my eyes tear up in joy as I watched Rosa and her mum run towards her brother to give him a hug. Lauren was with Rosa's camera so she was taking all the pictures.

It was a beautiful moment.

We all made our way to the field where the guys were celebrating.

Alex had just let go of the twins when he saw me and he immediately wrapped him arms around my waist and spun me aroud with my face buried in the crook of his neck.

"Congratulations!" I greeted him with a huge smile, "I am so proud of you."

"Thank you so much, and thank you for coming too. It means the world to me and you absolutely look beautiful." He said staring straight into my eyes and I could see the joy dancig in them.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

He placed a soft kiss before pulling away and hugging me tightly to his chest, I could feel his heart beating rapidly and I couldn't help but smile.

He finally let go of me when my Nana called his name and he moved to hug her and my mum.

I finally let my eyes scan the crowd and when my eyes met Justin's, I smiled at him.