Chapter 28

I swear I could feel all the eyes from the staring that was going on as Sam and I made our way over to the wolf pack. Even some of them were staring!

A guy from the pack ran over to Sam, "Glad you could make it! Who's your friend?"

Sam laughed, "Ryan, this is Kaileigh. Kaileigh, Ryan."

I looked over and said hi. I could see that Sam was blushing, so I nudged her shoulder.

"Ah, Kaileigh! I've heard about you! Welcome to the pack," he laughed.

I liked Ryan. He was nice. He was probably around 6'0" with light brown hair and deep brown eyes. He and Sam would look cute together. I think he liked her too because he would not take his eyes off of her.

A guy with a football called for Ryan and he took off towards him, probably to finish the game they were playing. Sam looked at me with a face saying to not even bring a conversation about him up so I held my tongue...for now.

Sam led me towards the rest of the group and introduced me to some. Off to the side I made out the group of snobby girls from my gym class. I nudged Sam and asked her about them.

She rolled her eyes, "Ugh, those girls? They think they are soooo special. I hate them. I don't know the names of those two, but the head b*tch is Madison or Maddy. She is the worst! Don't let her see you talking to Greyson or Dylan. She'll have your head."

I looked over at Maddy. She was pretty, but wore wayyy too much makeup. She had obviously dyed, badly, bleach blonde hair and dark brown eyes. She looked to be about 5'4" like me.

Sam and I continued to hang out with everyone for a while. About an hour passed when our stomachs growled.

"Hey, Sam, you thinking what I'm thinking?"

She looked at me excitedly, "Ice Cream!!!"

We both laughed and made our way up the boardwalk and to a little ice cream stall. Sam ordered a vanilla cone while I got a chocolate one. Sam pulled out some cash from her bikini top to pay for the delicious dairy product.

"Really Sam?" I laughed.

"Where else would I put it?" She laughed back.

We were starting to walk back to the group when I felt an arm go around my neck and on my shoulder. I looked up to see Zander.

"Oh look who it is, Mr. Be-Here-By-Noon when he isn't even here at noon," I played at him.

"Aww, did my little lamb miss me?" Zander just played back at me.

Sam coughed to the side, "Little lamb?!" as she bursted out laughing.

I just scowled at her, "Where were you anyways ?"

"I forgot about the meeting with Alpha Braxton. I cut out early though so I could see you," Zander cooly spoke.

I just rolled my eyes and looked back at Zander. He looked kind of agitated though. I took another lick of my ice cream, "You seem frustrated, what's up?"

He hesitated and just looked at me, "Nothing you need to worry about right now. Just alpha stuff. My father and I will work it out with Alpha Braxton and Dylan later."

We were now nearing the end of the boardwalk and could just see the group again. I took a bite of my ice cream and looked up to see Zander and Sam laughing.

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"You have ice cream on your nose and chin," Sam could barely get out between laughs.