Chapter 32

(Zander's POV)

I couldn't help my thoughts as I secretly dashed back to my territory. I was livid. My wolf was furious. We wanted blood.

Once I crossed into my pack's land, I shifted back and threw on some clothes hidden in the dark trees. I kept walking, not wanting to deal with anyone at the moment. I just needed to be alone.

Kaileigh. My Kaileigh. I can't believe what that a**hole did to her. If I ever face him, it won't be pretty. It was getting harder and harder to keep up this facade in front of Kaileigh. It's too soon. She can't see the truth to me...well, the other side of me. Not after what just happened to her pack.

I growled as I punched a tree next to me. F*ck. Why is this so hard? Why do I care?! I can't be f*cking soft. I'm about to be the Alpha of Dark Moon.

I have to be ruthless.

Treacherous.

Unmerciful.

Bloodthirsty.

A Beast.

I may be carefree at school and around her, but once I take over for my father it would all have to change. No one could find a weakness for me. Nothing could be a weakness. Not even a mate.

Greyson, come to my office, my father mind-linked me.

I made my way passed the woods, entering the side of the pack house. I knocked on the large intricately sculpted, painted doors, sliding in when I was beckoned.

"Yes, father," I stated, sitting in one of the plush chairs that faced his grand desk.

"Where have you been, son?" My father asked while scanning the papers scattered in front of him.

"Out."

His eyes darted up, "Now, now, son. You know that's not good enough. No one could find you...so, I'll ask once more. Where were you?"

I sighed, defeated. I didn't want him to resort to using his Alpha tone; he tried to use it as little as possible with me. As much as his reputation puts him in an evil light, he is a good father and a good Alpha to his pack. He does horrific things, but never to his own.

"I went across the boundaries..."

He quickly hid the small smirk that had graced his lips for a mere blip of time, "I assume for the White Crest girl, Kaileigh, was it?"

"Yes, father."

"We never got to speak after that disaster of a meeting earlier today," his eyes watching me for any reactions, "Why are you so riled up about her?"

I let out a deep breath, I knew he would ask this.

"I don't know completely, father. My wolf thinks she may be our mate. She's the wolf I mentioned that I met before I left the boarding school," my father's eyes glimmered, "I felt a pull to her then and I still feel it now."

My father cleared his throat, "Well then, that certainly explains your behavior today. The Braxtons have made it clear that they intend to claim her though."

I growl lowly, "I know..."

"Settle down, Greyson," he laughed out, amused, "Though I have yet to meet the girl, there must be something to her if it has you both all worked up. Her bloodline is more than acceptable to be your mate, and she was already preparing to be a Luna. Having the White Crest line would also be beneficial to us."

I could see the wheels turning in his head on how to use her to our advantage if she was mine, "I won't allow her to be used or hurt!"

"Do not disrespect me, son. I would never harm her, especially if she's our Luna. However, you keep annoying me about trying to be more diplomatic outside of our alliance with Redwood. I have refused thus far in order to maintain our reputation. We cannot appear weak, but she presents an opportunity to do so. No one would question our authority with her as Luna."

I sat there silently as he cleared his throat and stood up.

"Now then, on to the matters at hand. We are attacking the Blue Dawn pack. It seems they have forgotten who gave them their land generations ago and they now refuse to train any healer from our pack. They must surrender to our demands or we will slaughter those deemed too weak or stubborn and take their land," my father uttered harshly, smiling at the thought of the attack.

"When do we attack?"

"This Tuesday, October 2nd. You are in charge of finalizing the plans. We will have two attacks, with each of us leading one."

"Yes, father."

He looked at me sternly; a look that dares me to mess this up.

"Get to work."

* * *

I spent most of Sunday morning going over the plans for the attack and meeting with our warriors. Blue Dawn is a smaller pack known for their healers and medicine, not for fighting. It wouldn't take huge numbers to pick them off.

I divided 30 warriors between the group my father would lead and the group I would head. We would enter through the woods along their southern border, picking our way through their omegas' houses to start. These were further away from the pack house, so any response time from the few warriors they had would be slower than if we had attacked their pack house straight on.

It would be a massacre.

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!