Chapter 36

Zander led me out onto the dance floor, hand in hand. I blushed as I could feel the attention we were drawing from the other wolves. Zander spun me around to face him while grabbing my other hand. The music echoed across the grand room, the notes dancing themselves all around us.

He pulled me in close, arm wrapped around my waist, and began dancing with me to the slow song that the band was playing. It was a moment of pure bliss...of ecstasy. I felt like Cinderella dancing with Prince Charming.

Too soon, the song ended. I looked up at Zander, "I could use a drink."

He took my hand and led me across the dance floor and towards the beverages. I sipped on my drink as Zander mingled with the surrounding wolves from his pack. I couldn't help but notice the death glares I was getting from any girl who appeared close to us.

I rolled my eyes...don't they have anything better to do? Zander turned to me, stating that he needed to go speak with someone in his pack whose name I cannot for the life of me remember. I nodded as he walked off, leaving me completely alone.

I decided to go look for Sam. After all, she had been gone with Ryan for quite some time now. I was searching and searching for her, about to give up, when I finally found her.

"Sam!" I called out.

She twirled around causing her dress to flutter and float.

"Hey, Kaileigh! Where's lover boy?"

"Huh? Who?"

"Oh my gosh. Zanderrrrrr. I saw you two dancing all close and cuddly out there!"

I started to turn red again, "We just danced normally. He had to go talk to someone, so I came to find you. Where's Ryan?"

She giggled and pointed to the dance floor, "He's dancing with his little sister. Isn't that so cute?!"

"Aww, what a good big brother. You two are cute together."

"Really?"

"Yes, Sam. He likes you. I can tell. And you like him. It's obvious," I laughed, "I hope you two are mates."

Sam sighed, "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Zander? Dylan?"

"I-I..." everything I wanted to say couldn't be said here, out loud.

Sam, Zander saw me last night. I mind-linked her.

What do you mean? You mean yesterday afternoon? At the lake?

No. He came by last night.

To your room?! How'd he get past everyone?

I don't know.

What happened?

He saw my marks from Axel, so that was a fun conversation to have...again. He...uh, well...he didn't like it. He ended up marking over it...

He what?! Omg!

That's not all.

Tell me!!!

He had me mark him similarly.

WHAT?! Kaileigh!!!

I know. I-I couldn't help it. Sam. I don't know what to do. I can't think straight around him.

Sam looked at me intently, "Just give it time. Maybe slow down some. You don't want to get too attached and cause your mate to have to deal with that or someone to be hurt because of it."