Chapter 3

Tara continued to walk with her arm hooked around mine until we sat at a table in the center of the grand cafeteria. I turned to stand up to go get lunch when she stopped me.

"No, you don't go to get food. They bring it to us," she stated.

I looked around confused because tons of other students were getting up to get food. No one was being brought food.

"We are special. Others have to go get their own food, but we don't. So just sit and let's talk."

Words have never terrified me more than right then. I have nothing to say to this girl. I can't even answer her questions. Oh no, my parents never told me what to do or say about my life. Why did that never come up when I was leaving home? I mentally face palm myself for not having a cover story already.

Tara instantly started talking about herself, what her parents do, who all wants to be her, etc.. She was starting to ask me a question when I instantly turned my head to the side and sniffed.

What? There can't be? Another wolf like me? Here?! I search around until I lock eyes with a guy standing by the cafeteria entrance. He was sniffing the air too, casually until he noticed me. We both looked at each other, puzzled.

Tara must have noticed where my gaze went because she instantly spoke up about the mystery man.

"Ohhh, already looking for man candy, huh? Well don't bother with him. He didn't even want me for more than one night, if you catch my drift. He "doesn't do relationships" as he puts it. He HAS slept with like literally every girl here though...*she sighs*...Ah maybe I should give him another go. He is gorgeous and even that is an understatement," Tara rambles.

I look back at him. She wasn't lying. He was gorgeous. He looked to be about 6'4" with tattoos up his arms. He had shaggy, kind of spiked, blonde hair with piercing blue-grey eyes. His smile literally sparkled and you could hear the girls sigh when he smiled.

Typical male wolf. Ego bigger than their...well you can guess. I just rolled my eyes. Yes he was beautiful, but his player tendencies instantly turned me off from him. You were supposed to save yourself for your mate. How could he not wait?

As I was studying him, he seemed to be studying me as well. His gaze was intimidating and made me shy away and turn away from him. That was weird, I thought.

"Oh my gosh, he's coming over here!," stated one of Tara's minions whose name I already forgot. I glanced around the table, noticing that every girl was immediately pushing their boobs up or trying to make themselves look better quickly. I just rolled my eyes again and stuffed a fork full of pasta in my mouth.

I swallowed harshly as I suddenly felt this domineering presence by me. A hand and arm appeared by my plate, as a shadow was cast over me. I looked up to see Mr. Big Bad Wolf towering over me with a wicked grin plastered on his perfect face.

"What do we have here? Fresh meat," he stated, knowing I would pick up on his wolf presence.

He leaned down and put his fingers under my chin to make me face him more. There was an unusual warmth or tingling to his touch. He looked surprised for a moment when he looked directly into my green eyes, but that surprised expression was quickly replaced by his smirk again.

"I'm Zander. I haven't seen you around here before. I think I would remember a face like yours. What's your name little lamb?"

I grimaced at him for that comment.

"Kaileigh," I stated coldly.

This seemed to amuse him. I guess he wasn't used to girls not swooning over him like he was a god or god's gift to women. Ha, yeah right.

His hand remained on my chin, "Kaileigh what?"

"Collins. Kaileigh Collins."

Zander's expression changed. I knew he wanted to ask me if I was related to THE Collins, Alpha and Luna of White Crest. He seemed caught off guard from my response.

"I know what you're wanting to ask," I bluntly state, "and the answer is you'll never know."

He scowled at my remark.

"Meet me after classes outside the garden," he stated abruptly.

"Why would I do that?"

Zander held back a growl that only I could hear the remnants of. Suddenly his aura changed. This was not good. Great, I pissed off some alpha-to-be. His grip on my chin tightened as he looked me dead in the eye.

"Meet me after classes in the garden, Kaileigh. Don't be late," he growled out with his alpha tone. Even though I was of alpha blood, his tone made me want to submit. If I didn't submit somehow, he would have his answer already. I still didn't know if I should hide who I am from him or not, so I had to submit...at least for right now.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Fine, I'll meet you there. Now let me finish my lunch," I coldly remarked.

He seemed satisfied. Not happy, but satisfied enough that he left me alone with my pasta. I turned back around to my food after he walked off, only to be met by 4 pairs of wide eyes and dropped jaws.

"Ugh. Whatever. He'll be done with you by tonight and then I can have him back," Tara groaned.

The rest of the table was silent. I zoned them out for the rest of lunch, just focusing on my food and dreading meeting Zander later.

Thank you!
Please vote and comment!
Follow for more!