Chapter 19

I kept slowly walking forward, hoping that maybe he had just run past here with the new shifters. I knew that was hopeful thinking though because I didn't pick up any other scents. I was just about to reach the end of the tree line when I heard movement and was swiftly slammed against a tree.

I whined and squirmed. I clawed at the hand around my neck, gasping for breath. I looked up with frantic eyes at Axel. His eyes were completely black. His wolf at command...and he was livid, maybe even murderous.

I tried to mind-link anyone, but I couldn't in my condition. I just wriggled, trying to get free. Axel was panting, fuming in front of me.

"A-Axe-Axel, please..." I begged breathlessly.

"Where the f*ck were you, Kaileigh?," he snarled and barked out.

"I-..." I couldn't breathe as I coughed. Axel let his grip loosen, barely, "I went for a walk. I haven't gone for a night walk in a while. I missed them."

Axel just laughed maliciously, "Bullsh*t Kaileigh! I can smell his scent on you! Who the f*ck is he?! I don't recognize his scent. Are you seriously meddling with a rogue?!"

I didn't know what to say. I looked frantically around for some form of help or escape...

(Damian's POV)

Kaileigh slipped out of the cave quickly. My eyes followed her as she started making her way back, but widened as I watched her hesitate. I hid behind the trees as she sniffed the air and seemed instantly worried. I sniffed. There was something in the air, but I didn't know what.

She paused a little longer before continuing, except this time she was more cautious. I almost leapt out of my hiding spot when I saw a figure slam her against a tree and hold her by her neck.

"A-Axe-Axel, please..." I heard Kaileigh beg.

So...this was this infamous Axel. I could feel my wolf rising as I helplessly watched on.

"Where the f*ck were you, Kaileigh?" I could hear that a**hole bark at her. How dare he speak to her like that!

I could hear her try to reply, but he must be choking her because she just kept coughing. She finally managed a response, saying she was just walking. This Axel obviously didn't believe her because he just started snarling at her.

F*ck. He could smell me on her. This is my fault. I should've covered my scent somehow. F*ck waiting, I'm contacting my Alpha tonight.

My eyes glazed over as I mind-linked the Blood Rogues' Alpha.

(Kaileigh's POV)

I kept struggling, "A-Axel, please. You're hurting me. You know I couldn't do anything with anyone else, you marked me down there. Please, Axel."

Axel dropped me, but not before landing a punch to my face. I fell to the ground, whimpering. He kicked me in the stomach and just scoffed.

"Never disobey me."

I didn't move. I just laid there and cried. Axel had already walked off. I didn't want to move.

"KAILEIGH!!!" I heard Axel bark. I got up and limped quickly towards him, scared of what would happen if I made him wait.

We made it back to the pack house and my room without anyone noticing us. Axel locked the door behind us, causing me to turn around abruptly.

"D-don't you have to go back to your duties?" I stuttered out.

"They can wait. I'm making sure you can't leave here until I get back, but first I'm getting that rogue's scent off of you," he snarled.

Axel stormed over towards me. He looked me up and down. He stuck his face in the crook of my neck and inhaled. He growled and began rubbing on my neck and licking it. He turned to me and smashed his lips against mine, "What don't you get about 'You are MINE'?!"

"I'm sorry, Axel. I won't do it again; I promise."

He growled against me. He started moving his hands down, when screams unexpectedly echoed all around us.

We both shot our heads up and went to the window. People were running and screaming everywhere. A patrol wolf looked up and noticed Axel.

"Axel! Hurry! Blood-Blood Rogues are attacking! Quick!"

Axel turned to me, "Stay here," and ran out of the room. I stood there and just looked out of the window at the madness below.

Ding. Ding.

I looked at my phone:

Damian: I'm coming for you, Kaileigh.

So, this was him? This was his doing? No. It can't be. He wouldn't resort to this. My pack is dying. There is no way he would be the cause or reason for this...for me.

Suddenly my door flew open. Axel was standing there, panting, "Kaileigh, we have to hide you. They are looking for you. This is either because they know what you are or because of your little friend," he snarled. He rushed over and grabbed my arm and ran with me in tow down the stairs.

We had just reached my father's study when we heard the front door bust down.

"Where's the girl?!" A dark voice demanded.

Axel shoved me into some space that seemed to appear out of nowhere, "This is an escape. Wait for me or your parents and then get out. I will find you, Kaileigh. So don't even try to run from me. Stay hidden here until one of us says so."

I was in no position to argue, so I just nodded and hid as he shut the wall that had opened to reveal the small, dark corridor. A small slit in the wall let me peer out into the room.

Moments later, I saw my mother and father rush in. My mother looked in my direction frantically as my father glared towards the study door.

My father backed up, protecting my mother from whatever was at the doorway. Two shadows appeared, taking heavy steps towards my parents.

"Where's the girl? I know she's here somewhere," the first voice demanded. The figures stepped forward more to a spot I could finally see them at. One was a tall, dark man with shaggy black hair and eyes as dark as night. He had power to his aura. He must be the Blood Rogue's Alpha.

I looked towards the second figure and gasped. It was Damian. No...please. Damian stayed slightly behind the other wolf.

"You won't touch my daughter!" My father yelled back.

The Blood Rogue Alpha snapped and looked sharply towards Damian, "Kill him."

I covered my mouth to stop any noise from coming out. He wouldn't...

Damian turned to the Alpha, "Alpha, please..."

"Damian. I know you have some sort of feelings for this girl, but you must follow my command..." he changed his tone. He spoke in his Alpha tone now, meaning Damian could not deny him without most likely being killed himself, "...now, kill him."

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!