Chapter 1

The sky clouded up around the car as it crunched into gravel with every slow move. It seemed to foretell my stay here.

"We are here, Miss."

I averted my gaze from the thunderous clouds, down towards the stone standing before my door. My nerves rattled as I took in my surroundings. This was to be my first time away from home, away from my pack. In a normal school, well a normal boarding school. A new school was one thing already, but starting more than halfway through the school year is another thing entirely. I would have to hide who I really am here; I don't think any other of my kind are likely to attend.

The door to my side of the car opened, pulling me from my thoughts. More gravel crunching under the person standing before me. I give a short smile as I gather myself up and stand from the car.

"Thank you," I direct towards the man who had been driving me and also opened up the door for me.

"Anytime Miss."

Suddenly, a screechy voice echoed around me, causing my muscles to tense and my body to want to flee.

"Oohhh! You must be Kaileigh!! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!..." the lady with the squeakiest voice I ever heard began to elate, "...Ah, we are SO excited to have you attending our prestigious Cromwell Academy! My name is Linda. I am the main counselor here, and I also take it upon myself to greet all new students!"

I just continued to show a small smile and a slight nod, hoping her endless rambling would conclude soon...preferably before I go deaf. To my dismay, she continued. I faded out basically everything she said until I felt her grab my arm and start pulling me inside the massive mahogany doors. I turned around to look at my driver, hoping if I have pleading eyes he would save me from this women, but he was gone. He must have made his own escape from this dreadful voice. She seemed nice enough, but only if she didn't speak for long...or at all.

The mahogany doors pushed open to reveal a stunning interior. Marble floors with rich wood walls, paintings dawning every open space. This was a school?! Squeaky Linda continues with her ramblings about the academy's history and other things pertaining to the school. I was only going to be here for this one semester, so I didn't bother paying attention.

After what seemed like hours of touring the grounds, I finally ended up in what they called the dormitories, or dorms. Linda took me to a door on the second floor and handed me a key.

"Here sweetie, this is your room. Your bags are already in there for you! You have your own bathroom luckily! Thank you for letting me ramble on; it's been a while since we have had a new student! I am just so excited for you! Well, I will let you settle in. I know you already missed dinner, but there is a mini fridge for you to use in there and don't forget that the cafeteria is open late. So please get some food and rest! You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow!"

And with that Linda took her leave as I smiled and said 'Goodnight' to her. I took my key and opened up my room. It was a pretty nice room, but it did make me feel homesick. I shut the door and began unpacking.

I was in the middle of unpacking when my phone dinged. It was Damian.

Damian: Hey, did you make it safely?

Me: Yeah, sorry. It's been a long day.

Damian: I miss you already.

Me: I miss you too.

Damian: No more sneaking out every week to hang out. Haha.

Me: I'm just glad my father never found out. You know how he is with me and outsiders. That's why I was surprised that they were sending me here.

Damian: I'm the only outsider for you ;)

Me: Loser haha I have to finish unpacking now. Message me tomorrow?

Damian: Of course. Goodnight my little wolf.

Me: Goodnight my rogue!

I started to tear up after talking to Damian. Flashbacks to sneaking out every Friday night to meet up with him played through my head. He was my best friend, even if he was a rogue. I hated that we had to keep our friendship a secret. My father would never approve. I had been meeting up every Friday with Damian since I was 10. Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 8 years of doing that. I miss him; I really do. This was going to be a long semester without him. I sighed to myself and looked around. I guess I'll get back to unpacking.

Hours later...I was finally done. I messaged my mother letting her know I was fine and then plopped down on the bed. I was ready to pass out when my stomach decided to conduct a symphony. I looked at the clock and instantly knew that the cafeteria would not be open anymore. I slowly walked and checked the fridge; to my surprise there was some food! Only really some apples and sandwich stuff, but it was enough for me at that moment. I quickly gulped down a sandwich...oh who am I kidding...three sandwiches, showered, and plopped down onto my bed.

Linda was right about one thing, tomorrow was going to be a big day. A long and big day.

Thank you!
Please vote and comment!
Follow for more!