Chapter 25

"Claim me?"

Sam just looked at me.

"Well, I mean...I'm just guessing that's what is going on..."

I just kept looking at her to explain, "...I'm sure if that's what it's about it'll be brought up to you. Forget I said anything; it was just a wild guess since he doesn't have a mate."

"I'm not going through that again..." was all I replied with as dreadful memories replayed in my head, causing me to shiver.

Sam looked at me with widened eyes, "Again?"

I leaned back over the railing and just looked at the stars again. I had forgotten that I hadn't told anyone about what happened or that I was previously betrothed to the dev-I mean Axel Williams. His devilish grey eyes and menacing smirk still haunted me. I rubbed my wrists subconsciously as I took a deep breath.

"If you are part of the Alpha bloodline in White Crest, you have two options: find your mate in the pack or be betrothed to the Alpha's and Luna's chosen wolf. When I got back from boarding school, my betrothed was announced in case my mate wasn't found in the pack. My selected mate was Axel Williams...I don't even know if he is alive or not currently."

"...and you didn't like him or what?" Sam questioned.

"He was the devil reincarnated when we were alone. He-he did things that I still have the marks from..." I said as I turned to her and slowly showed her my wrists that had always been covered by some form of sleeve or bracelet or makeup.

Her eyes grew even wider, "What did he do to you?!"

"He claimed me in every way he could get away with at that point. He couldn't mate or mark me, but he did everything else possible. He made sure that no one else could or would touch me."

We were alone, so I lifted up a part of my dress skirt and showed Sam the scarred mark on my thigh. She gasped as I dropped my dress back down. All of a sudden we heard a growl coming from around us.

Sam and I both whipped our heads around to see a pissed off Dylan standing by the doorway.

My jaw dropped, "How-How long have you been there?!"

"Long enough, Kaileigh." He looked towards Sam, "Go inside, Sam."

"No! I don't know why you're so pissed off, but Kaileigh didn't do anything wrong!," Sam pleaded.

Dylan growled ferociously, "GO inside, Sam."

Sam just sighed and headed inside, giving me a pleading look as she left me alone. Dylan watched her go inside and then shut the door before walking towards me.

"What did you let him do, Kaileigh?"

"Let him?! I didn't LET him do anything!" I barked at Dylan. I scoffed and showed him my wrists, "You think I let him do this?!"

Dylan grabbed my arms and looked at the marks and rope burns on my wrists, "What were you showing Sam?"

"My-my wrists..."

"You lifted up part of your dress...to show her your wrists?" He looked at me.

"Oh, no."

"What did he do to make sure no one else would touch you as you said?"

"He-he marked me on my leg...until it scarred," I whimpered out.

"Show me."

I hesitated, but when I looked up at Dylan I saw that his wolf was rising so I obeyed. I lifted up my skirt and showed him quickly. Dylan's eyes flickered black and blue as a low growl rumbled in his chest.

"WHAT'S GOING ON OUT HERE?!"

We jerked our heads to the door to see Sam, Beta Max, and Alpha Braxton watching us. They all looked livid as they heard Dylan's growl and saw my tear stricken face.

"Son, what are you doing? Sam came running in saying you were verbally attacking Kaileigh,"

Alpha Braxton asked.

"Someone's marked her," Dylan growled out.

My eyes widened, "N-no! I'm not marked like that! My father wouldn't have allowed that at least."

Dylan shot his head towards me, "Your father knew what that wolf was doing to you?"

"T-to an extent, yes. It-It was his idea..." I could see everyone's faces change to shock, "My parents thought it would help me, my wolf, get used to not being with my mate. The odds of me finding my mate in my pack are slim, so he was chosen to be my selected mate."

Beta Max spoke up, "Who was chosen? Who did this?"

"Axel, Axel Williams."

Dylan growled at the name.

"It's still not her fault! You don't need to attack her because of it! He forced her! At least he didn't force her to mate!," Sam yelled at Dylan.

Dylan just snapped back, "I know it's not her fault!"

"SON!!," Alpha Braxton barked, "enough."

He turned to me, "Kaileigh, you and Sam head back for the night. Beta Max and I need to have a chat with my son here."

As Sam and I headed back across to the pack house, I could still feel Dylan's gaze on me.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" Sam suggested.

"I think I'm just going to try to sleep," I sighed and noticed Sam's worried expression. I put on a soft smile, "Besides, we have to get up and go to the lake tomorrow."

Sam squealed, "Yay! I was scared you wouldn't want to go anymore!"

"I think I need it now more than ever," I laughed.

Sam and I parted ways for the night once we reached our doors.

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!