Chapter 4

The rest of the day seemed to go by way too quickly for my taste. I met back up with Megan and Lily to fill them in on what happened. I will make sure to eat lunch with them from then on. I actually debated on getting in trouble just so I wouldn't have to meet up with Zander. I knew I couldn't go through with it though.

*ring* *ring*

Great. It's the end of class. Megan walked up to my desk.

"Want me to go with you to meet Zander?"

"I doubt he will let you stay, but yes! Thanks. I am dreading this," I reply.

She just laughed, "I don't think I have ever heard a girl say that when talking about Zander before."

I just smiled back at her as I grabbed my books and we headed out towards the garden. I sighed once again and we both sat down on a bench in the garden awaiting Zander's arrival.

"I never said to bring a friend."

Neither Megan or I had to turn to know who that was. Seconds later, Zander came into view and just stood there scowling.

He looked towards Megan, "Scram."

Megan just rolled her eyes and got up, "Let me know if you need me to save you from this douchebag."

I laughed as she sauntered off. I turned back to Zander and just scowled, "You didn't have to be rude."

Zander didn't reply. He just grabbed my arm, pulled me up, and started walking off with me being pulled behind him.

"Hey! Let go! Where do you think you are taking me?!"

Nothing. Silence. Guess I am not even worth a reply now. He continues to pull me until we are pretty deep in the woods that surround the school yards. I just rub my arm when he finally releases it from his death grip.

"Collins. You're their daughter aren't you? I can tell. Why did they send you here?"

I am taken aback by his straightforwardness. I stumble on my words, "Uh...they wanted me to get some space before my birthday. They didn't really explain. Just one day I was on the way here."

"Look, I am not an a**hole. I f*cked up when I first got here and almost let my wolf out and now I just portray this in order to cover it up," he replies.

"Is that your excuse to sleep with any girl?! I feel bad for your mate," I sassed back.

"Don't cross me, little lamb. Your little pack is nothing like mine. I'm dangerous; my pack is dangerous."

I just rolled my eyes at him, "Okay, whatever."

"Kaileigh. I'm warning you. Not of me, but of others. I won't hurt you, but you don't know what's out there,"

He stepped closer to me.

"Look, I don't know if it's because your the first other wolf here, who you are, or how innocent you seem, but I feel some need, some urge, to protect you."

"Protect me? I can protect myself!"

"Don't be naive Kaileigh. You know you can't if something actually happened. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you need to listen to me. We can be friends. If you are going to be Luna one day then you need to interact with other wolves anyways," Zander uttered.

I sighed. I knew he was right deep down. I wouldn't know how to protect myself. I don't know how to be around other wolves that aren't in my pack. I've never been around a wolf not from my pack before, well not like this. He seemed sincere...even for a manwh*re...so maybe I should listen to him.