Chapter 24

I swear Sam should join a football team based upon how she tackled our way to the dress store. I'm honestly surprised medics weren't called. I'm even more shocked by the fact that my arm is still attached to me as well.

I was sitting in a chair trying to catch my breath from the marathon she just put me through when dresses starting being thrown at me. Sam was running around tossing any dress she liked for herself or me into my lap. I think it rivaled Everest by the time she was done making dress mountain.

I was beginning to think I was going to die trying on these dresses. I was at the point where I never wanted to lay my eyes upon another dress again for the rest of my life. Endless hours were flying by when Sam finally picked out our dresses for tonight and Sunday.

For tonight, Sam had picked out deep v neck, floor length dresses for us. Mine was a stunning blush/nude colored dress with silver overlays and a white tulle, I think, draping over it. It was beautiful! Sam found herself a black dress with an even deeper v, of course. It had a stunning black lace top, created with black sequins and a black mesh overlay to the neck. She looked absolutely breathtaking in it!

It was a little revealing, but I think she could still get her father's approval. Of course all Sam would have to do is give him puppy dog eyes and he would give in anyways!

After paying for our dresses, Sam looked at her watch and shrieked, "Ah! Kaileigh!!! It's already 7! The party starts at 8...we have to go!"

We sprinted out to the car and sped home. Once we got back to the pack house, Sam grabbed me and dashed to her room.

"Okay, Okay...you heat up the curling wand and I'll get out the makeup and shoes," Sam directed.

7:55PM and we are ready to go or slay as Sam always says. We slip on our shoes and make our way to her parents' room, where the door is open revealing her mother slipping on some earrings and her father staring adoringly at his mate.

"You two are too cute!," I exclaim as they were startled from our unknown presence. We all share a short laugh.

"Are you gorgeous girls ready to go?" Sam's mother, Elaine, asks.

I look down to make sure my bracelets are all situated to cover my leftover marks from Axel's doing, look up, and nod. Most days all of my marks are covered with makeup so no one has noticed any of them yet. Some day those will go away, along with the bite mark scarring me on my thigh. Hopefully soon.

We make our way downstairs and across the road to the main pack building that has a giant ballroom. As we enter the open doors, we can see the whole pack entering and filling up the ballroom. We make our way into the ballroom and follow Beta Max towards the raised platform which is similar to a stage.

Soon after, it seemed like every pack member had arrived. Alpha Braxton made his way onto the stage, "Welcome, everyone! I am so glad that all of you could make it here tonight. Sadly, Luna Charlotte was unable to make it tonight. Her sister is making a recovery, but she is still needed there more. Tonight, though, we rejoice because my son has returned from his time away..."

Alpha Braxton looked off stage as a tall, muscular guy walked up next to him.

"...Please welcome back my son and your future Alpha, Dylan."

Everyone cheered and applauded as the music started up. Sam's dad turned to us, "Come ladies, we should go say hi to Alpha Braxton and Dylan. Besides, Kaileigh, you still need to be introduced to your future Alpha."

We made our way through the crowd to where Alpha Braxton and Dylan were standing and conversing with other pack members. I hid back behind Sam. I had some weird feeling behind this introduction, but I'm probably just overthinking and letting my nerves get to me again.