Chapter 20

Over 100 reads! Thank you so much!

                                       ~*~

Damian looked towards my father and attacked. I saw my father's body drop to the ground, red flowing across the floor. My mother cried in the background as I tried to stop my tears.

The Blood Rogue Alpha turned his attention to my mother with a wicked grin. He walked over to her and grabbed her throat, pulling her up the wall by it.

"Where's your precious daughter, Luna?"

"S-she's gone. You won't find her. You never will!," my mother snarled. She turned her attention to Damian, "She would never have feelings for a killer like you!"

"Tsk. Tsk. Such a shame. Now she won't have any parents," and with that the Alpha slit my mother's throat and dropped her as she started to bleed out.

She looked in my direction...'Run, Kaileigh. I love you. Go to Redwood Pack. They know...' she mind-linked as she held her throat, red covering her hands. She closed her eyes and her arms dropped.

I couldn't hold in my tears anymore. I covered my mouth tighter to prevent any noise as I let the tears for my parents fall down my face.

"Search everywhere; we must find her before she gets to another pack," the Alpha commanded the wolves that were entering the room.

He turned his attention towards Damian, "Find this girl of yours. Bring her back to me. Don't worry, you can still have her. It was you who found her, so that will be your reward. We must make sure we have the white wolf. Then no one will question us anymore."

Damian left the room. The Alpha looked around as a few wolves entered and searched the room.

"I think we will stay here boys, what do you say?" he laughed as the wolves agreed.

I turned around and faced the dark corridor in front of me. I took a deep breath and quietly began walking into the darkness. I continued on for what seemed like endless miles until I finally came to what seemed like a dead end. I felt around and noticed a notch of some sort and began to fuss with it. Slowly, the surface in front of my hands began to move.

I cautiously exited the corridor and looked around. I was in the middle of some small town. I quickly shut the door and made my way across the road, towards a small diner that looked open still.

I entered the diner and looked around. I slightly sniffed the air and picked up on a wolf scent. I followed it until I came upon an older gentleman sitting in a booth with a coffee in front of him.

I smiled softly at him and asked if I could sit with him. He looked up and nodded. I sat down and looked around. No one was really near us, so I spoke up.

"What, um, what area is this?," I asked cautiously.

The man looked up at me after sipping his coffee, "You mean what pack? You are just at the border of Redwood and Dark Moon."

I gasped. I did not want to end up in Dark Moon territory uninvited. They were known to be cruel and ruthless to trespassers, enemies, well basically anyone. The Alpha was cold and heartless.

"I need to get to Redwood...I need to see the Alpha," I proclaimed.

"And why would I help you with that? You could be a Blood Rogue for all I know?"

"I-I'm from White Crest. The Blood Rogues just attacked us. I was told to go to Redwood and see the Alpha."

"White Crest? Attacked?! Who are you?" the man asked, bewildered.

"My father was Alpha of White Crest. My name is Kaileigh Collins."

The man just nodded and finished off his coffee. He set down some dollar bills and stood up. He turned to me and told me to follow him. I followed him outside and took a chance by getting into his vehicle with him.

We took off down a side path that led towards an approaching wooded area. I was just hoping that this man was actually taking me to Redwood.

We continued driving down the dark, bumpy path. "My name is Ben by the way. I'm from Redwood, so don't worry over there so much. I can feel your nerves from here child," Ben chuckled.

I relaxed as we approached a gate. "Hey Jasper, let me in," Ben stated out his window. A male wolf came over and peered in, "Who's this you got with ya, Ben?"

"She's from White Crest. States the Blood Rogues just attacked them and she was sent here to speak to Alpha Braxton."

"Hurry in! Alpha just got word about the attack. He will want to know of her arrival immediately. I'll send word to him on your way," with that he opened the gate and Ben sped on.

A few moments later, a large building came into view. The pack house, I am assuming. Ben pulled in and rushed out, signaling me to follow suit. I followed him in and we hurried towards the back of the main hallway. Ben knocked on the wooden door and let us into the room behind it.

"Alpha, a girl from White Crest is here for you," Ben states.

A large, older man sitting behind a desk looks up at me with sympathy in his eyes, "So, you must be Kaileigh Collins then?"

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!