Chapter 47

Thank you MadamMilkshake lilish123 but_did_i_ask_  SaaraVirtanen1 CxyingChxrrii @nujhanujhi and @ketutresni for all the support!

                              - xoxo

~ * ~

I gulped, terrified to look towards the source of the sound. The black abyss of the room at our backs haunted us. My heart pounded, knowing if it had been Dylan he would've spoken to us by now. It wasn't him.

I grabbed the small knife tightly and faced the shadows. Sam and I knew we really couldn't put up much of a fight. Whatever was in those injections had weakened us tremendously; there's no way we could take on wolves, especially trained fighters.

The shadows taunted me, not revealing their secrets. I couldn't see a thing. Based on Sam's movements, she couldn't either. Another creak echoed through the air, closer than the first.

A glint of eyes glowed in the moonlight that had dribbled in.

A demonic laugh reverberated through the tense room.

A dominating figure walked clearly into the light from the heavens.

A figure that left me petrified.

Damian.

He walked viciously over to us, mocking us with each step. He knew we were trapped. He knew we were weak.

Heavy footfalls ushered in from the porch, men and wolves surrounding the small cabin. Sam held my arm in fear, shaking and unsure of what to do.

"Aren't you going to say hello, Kaileigh?" Damian taunted.

I growled at him, taking a defensive stance in front of Sam. He laughed and took another step closer, earning another growl from me. I tended when I could hear those outside getting closer, as well.

"Don't do this, Damian," I sneered.

"Now, now. You knew this would come. You've always been mine, doll, so just accept it and this will all be easier," he smirked back.

I looked around at all the ever approaching persons, unsure of what to do, "What did you do to Dylan?!" I barked at him.

"Nothing much, actually. He's perfectly fine," Damian laughed back, clearly amused at all of this.

Lies.

I snarled at him as he came closer once more, tightening my grip on the handle of the knife even more. Suddenly Sam screamed and was ripped away from me, being pulled into the arms of a massive man full of scars and tattoos. I turned towards him and growled fiercely, preparing to lunge at him.

Damian grabbed me from behind and I struggled to get loose. I swiped my blade around, catching his arm and causing him to let go of me briefly. I quickly elbowed him and pounced towards the guy who held Sam captive. As I went to attack, I stopped abruptly, fear-stricken.

The miserable excuse of a wolf had raise a knife up to Sam's throat, threatening to slice. I growled at him, trying to force myself to shift. Failing. I couldn't do it.

"LET HER GO!!!" I screamed at the pathetic man.

The mass of wolves just laughed. I stepped forward, but Sam whimpered as the man pressed the blade tighter against her exposed neck, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, sweetheart, not unless you want your little friend here to perish," the wicked wolf sniggered out.