Chapter 19 - Bandages Don't Heal All Wounds

Kyouka out down Momo's skateboard and her own as she reached into her pocket. The purple-haired girl pulled out a key that she put into the door lock. Opening the door, she out the key back in her pocket. Kyouka picked up the two boards again as she looked back at Momo who seemed to be in pain, holding her elbow close to her.

"Follow me, we'll get you some bandages." Kyouka said as she entered the mansion. Momo followed after her.

The black-haired girl was a little surprised that Kyouka lived on the same street. She hadn't really known Kyouka was from the Jirou family at first glance. The Jirou family were business partners with her parents, so she had a little knowledge about them. It just didn't come to mind that Kyouka would be part of THE Jirou family.

As the two entered, Momo closed the door behind her. The huge mansion seemed pretty empty. The butlers or maids must be working elsewhere, as they were no where to be found at the entrance. Kyouka put down Momo's skateboard near the door as she grabbed her own and walked upstairs. Momo followed the purple-haired girl's footsteps.

Momo wasn't surprised when she noticed they were heading to the top floor. Kyouka seemed like the type of teenager that wanted privacy, isolating themselves on the top and final floor where no one could bother them. As they went up the set of stairs, they finally reached Kyouka's bedroom.

Kyouka's bedroom was basically the entire top floor. As the pushed the door open, the bedroom consisted of a large open room with a slanted roof. There was a door in the corner that probably lead to a bathroom and another door that lead to an open closet.

Though the room would have seemed like a wonderful and fancy parental bedroom, it was anything but that.

The bedroom was covered in graffiti art. Kyouka's bed was a bunkbed that was positioned in one of the corners under the room. Under the bunkbed was a a corner of instruments, There was a keyboard with a drum set and multiple electric guitars.

On a wall where the ceiling wasn't low due to the slanting of the room was a wall full of skateboards. There were a lot, which sort of confused Momo of why they even went out last Friday.

Shelves were around the bedroom with graffiti cans, bags, books and plenty of other things. What surprised Momo the most was that Kyouka had no desk at all.

On the slanted roof was a small pitch roof window with a what seemed to be folded ladder near it. Momo really wouldn't be surprised if Kyouka snuck onto her roof on the daily.

"Your room is... charming..." Momo muttered as she analysed the graffiti over the walls and slanted ceiling. There were insults and swear words written all over the place. Sentences like 'I hate you' or 'go die' which really made Momo worry a little.

"Thanks." Kyouka spoke. The purple-haired girl put her skateboard against the wall where all the other skateboards were organised. She then headed towards the bathroom as she opened the door and entered. Momo assumed Kyouka went to get some bandages inside.

Meanwhile, Momo took some time to look around. To her, the bedroom definitely reflected a rebellious teenager. After all, it was a mess. Although her shelf was organised, there were ripped pieces of paper all over the place with random pens, pencils, scissors, clothes and shoes. Momo went over to one of the shelves as she looked over all the books she had. Most of the books seemed old and useless. A lot looked damage.

Momo slid her fingers against the books until it lead her to what looked like a framed photograph. The black-haired girl picked it up, looking at the photo.

It looked like a couple. A man in a suit holding a girl in his arms bridal style. The woman on the picture wore a beautiful white wedding dress with a veil matching her outfit. In her hands was a bouquet of flowers.

The couple seemed young and happy, almost like it was their marriage day. It probably was, considering the white dress and bouquet. Something about them seemed like they resembled Kyouka. They were most definitely her parents.

What made Momo completely confused about it was that the frame was damaged and the glass protecting the photograph was shattered. Almost like someone had thrown it against a wall. Even the photo itself looked old and damaged.

As Momo was about to touch the shattered glass, she heard a noise from behind. The girl quickly put the frame back on the shelf as she turned around. Kyouka was back with bandages in her hand and a bottle of disinfectant with some makeup remover-wipes.

"Hey, I got the bandages." Kyouka spoke. Momo smiled.

"Thank you." Momo thanked. The girl hurried over to Kyouka as the purple-haired girl looked around for somewhere to sit down. She frowned.

"Sorry, it's a little messy..." Kyouka spoke as she sat criss-cross on the floor, making space for Momo to sit next to her. She patted a spot next to her with her hand. Momo sat there.

"It's okay, no worries." Momo reassured, getting comfortable in her seat. She held up her elbow towards Kyouka as opened up the bottle of disinfectant and put some on a wipe. She brought it up to Momo's elbow and stopped. The girl looked up at the the black-haired teenager.

"This might sting a little." Kyouka warned. Momo nodded.

"It's okay, don't worry about it." Momo said. Kyouka nodded as she gently tapped it against the injury, slowly pressing it a little more. Momo felt it sting a little, but it soon was over when Kyouka pulled it off.

The girl then grabbed a roll of bandages. She unwrapped some, cutting the rest of with a pair of scissors she picked up near her. Kyouka brought the bandages up to Momo's elbow, wrapping it around her injury.

"So, your parents aren't home?" Momo asked as Kyouka wrapped the bandages. Kyouka shook her head.

"Nah. My mother is rarely home and my father usually works at his workplace. Occasionally he'll work here in the office." Kyouka explained, earning an 'oh' from Momo.

"So, you have dinner with your father then." Momo thought, thinking some of it through. Kyouka shook her head.

"No. We rarely have dinner together." Kyouka muttered, her voice breaking a little. "My parents are always busy...". Momo didn't respond. She didn't exactly know what to say.

There was a small silence as Kyouka finished wrapping the bandages around Momo's elbow. She stood up, grabbing the medical equipment as she headed back to the bathroom. Momo watched her, still sitting down a little unsure of what to say.

Before Kyouka entered the bathroom, she stopped. Her head looked downwards as she sighed.

"It's like I don't exist to them." Kyouka explained, walking into the bathroom. Momo stood up, looking around the room.

Everything seemed a little more clear about the Jirou family. Now that she thought about it, she was well-known to be part of the Yaoyorozu family, but Kyouka wasn't. Kyouka was never mentioned when the Jirou family named was brought up. That's probably why she didn't associate Kyouka with the Jirou family at first.

It was crazy. While her parents were obsessed with her image, Kyouka's ignored that Kyouka even had an image to present.

Momo stared at the nasty words spray-painted around the room as she then looked at the old damaged books and the shattered glass on the framed photograph. Slowly, she gained a better understanding about why Kyouka acted the way she did, and though it still confused her, it was a lot more understandable than before.

"I'm back, I can take you home now if you want to." Kyouka suggested, catching Momo's attention. The black-haired girl smiled as she stood up from where she was sitting.

"I'd like that." Momo answered.