Chapter 3 - Craving Freedom

"Mother, I really haven't been feeling well lately.". Momo tried to argue, but she was at loss for words when her mother glared at her with what seemed skeptical eyes. The black-haired woman, who resembled her daughter a lot (only that she had a couple more wrinkles, a mole right above her upper lip on the left and sky blue coloured eyes) had Bothe of her hands joined together. Elegantly placed on the dining table as she looked at her daughter.

"That does not excuse you skipping school. How are you supposed to represent the family name if you don't even attend the academy? You are 17, almost 18, and yet you have the urge to make such irrational decisions?" Her mother asked firmly, clearly not letting her daughter win. Momo wasn't even sure why she suggested to stay home. It wasn't like her parents would Ley her anyways. It was a matter of seconds before she was yelled at once more if she even brought up the subject of taking a break from her instrumental activities after school.

"But, mother—" Momo attempted, and it was the wrong move. Her father interrupted her this time.

"You heard your mother. Skipping school won't be tolerated, healthy or not. Education is priority.". Her father looked up at her with slight disappoint. "You've finished your breakfast, haven't you? Now go grab your bag and be sure to be downstairs at 8. You don't want to be late to your classes and make your driver wait due to your incapabilities.".

Momo internally sighed in defeat. Showing the slightest of opinion about something that bothered her when it came to her parents' decisions wouldn't be tolerated either. Practically forced to keep a straight face, she nodded.

"Yes, father." Momo spoke pretty much like a programmed robot. She turned to her mom. "I apologise, mother. I should have respected your advice.". With that, she elegantly stood up from her chair. The girl stood up and pushed the chair in, keeping everything neat and organised. It was sort of like the trademark of her family; neat, organised and perfect.

Momo walked upstairs, keeping her back up straight until her parents were out of her view. Even the slightest thing like walking had to be done elegantly. The black-haired girl was honestly sick of it. She wasn't a doll on display, she was a human. Why were such elegant moves necessary at all times?

The girl headed to her room, closing the door silently as she walked over to her closet and opened it. The doors flung wide open as the inside was practically a walking closet. After all, it was only normal for Momo. Her family was the family owning a quite popular and expensive clothing company, meaning that they had all sorts of clothing within their reach.

Of course, her parents had made sure that there was a large closet where they could git all of the teenager's clothing, all (apart from her school uniform) being from their own company.

Momo went and grabbed her school uniform, slipping out of her pyjamas and quickly putting it on. She grabbed her red tie and turned to the mirror that was at the end of the corridor of the walking closet, looking right into it as she tied it around her neck perfectly and adjusted it so it would look just right. Momo put on her school blouse, buttoning up the front part. The last thing she had to do was put on her socks, and Momo was ready to go.

She went to brush her hair and teeth, along as getting herself to be presentable. The girl grabbed her messenger bag when she was done and got her violin case. Unfortunately for Momo, today was Monday. It was the day where she would have to stay an hour after school to attend her classes, which, in all honesty, she hated it. If she could drop her music classes, she would definitely drop them.

Momo head downstairs, carrying both her violin case and her bag. She watched as her parents were waiting by the door, all formally dressed as they had the house maid, a lady named Ms Joke, open the door. Momo's parents stayed by the entrance. It was always like this.

Mr and Mrs Yaoyorozu would stand elegantly by the front door every morning to make sure Momo went from the house into the car that would bring her to school. Almost like strict and obsessive parents, they wanted to make sure that Momo got to where she had to be.

As Momo walked up to the door, she saw that her mother had a slightly softer expression than earlier. It made Momo a little happy to know that her mother wasn't a completely cold robot.

"Have a good day at school, honey. Don't forget to attend your violin class." Mrs Yaoyorozu spoke as she placed a kiss on Momo's forehead. Momo sighed internally, keeping her face as expressionless as possible.

"Yes, mother." Momo responded. The parents smiled, though it was truly heartbreaking to see how monotone Momo was. Almost like she wasn't human and just a program, going along with everything around her because it was what she was made for.

Momo walked out of the house, following the butler in front of her like every repetitive school day. The maid opened up the door of the car as she leaned down, elegantly bowing and indicating for the teenager to enter. Momo smiled as she put her bag and violin case down, entering the car as the maid grabbed her stuff and put it in the trunk of the car. She closed the door, having Momo sitting in the back seat as she put on her seatbelt.

The maid entered the car, driving it as they went off. And here, Momo was ready for what seemed to be another day in hell to her. Apart from her friends that she could never hang out with apart from lunch and snack breaks, Momo felt like she was being watched and monitored at all times. Sometimes, she just wished she could have a little more freedom.