Chapter 18 - Good Tricks, Bad Tricks

The skatepark was almost empty. It was around 6pm and most of the younger kids had left with their parents. The only people left around were Mina, Denki, Kirishima, Momo and Kyouka. So the group of friends practically had the entire skatepark to themselves.

While Denki was showing Kirishima some tricks, Mina, Momo and Kyouka were hanging out in their own little corner.

"So you've barely skateboarded before? You're extremely good for a beginner!" Mina commented as she crossed her arms, watching Momo skateboard a couple of meters, keeping her balance.

"You think so?" Momo asked as she looked at the ground, skateboarding some of the smaller ramps. Kyouka hummed in agreement.

"Mina's right, y'know?" Kyouka spoke as she got her skateboard still, trying to perfect her kick-flip. "To be honest, I've been practicing for years and I still make childish mistakes.". Mina laughed.

"That's because you're clumsy!" The pink-haired girl called out. Kyouka looked back, pouting.

"Maybe, maybe." Kyouka admitted as she jumped and flipped the board, completing her trick. She skateboarded around and went on one of the bigger ramps, coming back and slowing down. She placed one foot on the ground, looking at Mina. "But still, you can't blame my clumsiness for everything.".

Mina sat down as she grabbed her roller skates, sliding them on. Tying them up, she stood and roller skated around the place, making both Kyouka and Momo stop to look at her.

"Wow, I've only ever seen you skateboard." Kyouka spoke in awe. Momo seemed amazed as well.

"This reminds my of figure skating. I've seen it on TV when I walk into the living room to ask my parents questions." Momo commented. Mina smiled as she headed back towards the two girls.

"Great observation! I actually practice figure skating." Mina said. Kyouka gasped.

"You never told me that!" The purple-haired girl complained. Mina chuckled.

"Well now you know!" Mina said. She looked over at Kirishima and Denki who seemed to be laughing and chuckling, performing all sorts of tricks. "Anyways, imma' leave you two for now. I wanna see what they're up to.".

"Alright, we'll see you later then." Momo spoke. Kyouka nodded and gave a thumbs up.

Mina smiled brightly as she swiftly skated over to the two guys in the background. Momo looked back at her skateboard as she got on, skateboarding around and doing the most simple things she could.

Kyouka observed the black-haired girl as she went up the small ramps. Momo was talented for a beginner. The purple-haired girl knew she had potential to learn a small trick for the day. They had around an hour left, so what was not to lose?

"Hey Yaoyorozu!" Kyouka called. Momo lifted her head up as she stopped skateboarding.

"Yeah?" Momo asked. Kyouka put down her skateboard as she ran over to the girl.

"You seem to be getting the hang of skateboarding around the place. Wanna try out a small trick?" Kyouka asked. Momo seemed hesitant at first, but she quickly changed her mind when she saw the excitement and enthusiasm in Kyouka's eyes. It was adorable.

"Sure, why not?" Momo spoke. Kyouka smiled.

"Great!" Kyouka said. The girl ran to get her board. She came back over to Momo as she placed the board down upside-down over her feet.

"What are you doing?" Momo asked. Kyouka smiled at her.

"You'll see." Kyouka answered. "So what you wanna do is— you wanna place the board over your feet, like this.". Momo nodded, bending over as she placed the board in the same position as Kyouka had it.