Chapter 14 - Nurse's Office

Momo carefully laid down the passed-out girl on the white hospital-like bed as she stepped away. The school Vice President had been in charge of breaking up the fight, as well as bringing Jirou to the nurse's office. She sighed as she took a good long look at the girl.

Momo turned around as she looked at Ms Recovery, the school nurse. The old woman seemed to be searching through her cupboards as she took out multiple things such as medicine and pills that could probably be essential.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Momo asked, glancing back at Jirou who was still unconscious. The nurse groaned tiredly as she went over to the sink, carrying a packet of pills and an empty glass cup.

"Of course. Though her passing out like that was a little unusual." Ms Recovery said as she filled up the cup halfway. She turned the tap back off as she walked over to where Jirou was laying down. "Are you sure that's what happened?".

Momo nodded as she watched the nurse place the cup filled with water and the small packet of pills on a table near the bed.

"Yeah, she grabbed Monoma by the shirt collar and dropped him. I can't remember much, but he said something. And then, she just, passed out." Momo explained. The nurse's eyes widened a little.

"Just like that?" The old lady questioned. Momo hummed approvingly.

"Just like that.". The black-haired girl carefully looked at the old woman as she seemed to be deep in her thoughts. Momo was curious about the nurse's thoughts. She knew she was a smart and could probably find out what was going on.

The nurse looked up at Momo, a serious look on her face.

"Did you hear what that student said?" The nurse asked. Momo shrugged.

"No, there was a lot going on." Momo explained. "Do you think what he said made her pass out?". The nurse nodded as she walked over to her desk and sat in her office chair, typing something on her computer.

"Perhaps, yes." The nurse explained. "I'll have to call her parents to see if there's anything on her medical report that triggers this effect. The school gives us basic information, but more could be found in her private medical files.".

The nurse used her computer mouse as she clicked on something. She laid back in her seat as she rubbed her temples, pointing at the screen.

"What I don't understand I that her medical file says she is perfectly healthy in her physical state and mental state, but these records our way outdated." Ms Recovery said. Momo found it a little bizarre herself.

The nurse stood up from her seat and sighed.

"I'll be going to reception to get any more information about this." Ms Recovery spoke. "Could you look after her while I'm gone? If she wakes up, tell her to take one of the pills in the packet. Its so she doesn't risk passing out again after she wakes up.". Momo nodded, glancing at the unconscious girl.

"I can do that. Iida has already informed Mr Hizashi we would be late for English class, perhaps not even attend." Momo explained. The nurse gave a smile as she headed towards the door.

"Thank you Yaoyorozu, you are a true life saviour around this school.". With those words, the nurse left the room, heading off to the reception.

Momo sat in a chair next to the bed where Jirou laid down unconsciously. She watched the clock tick by as time flew. It was a long wait. It felt like the nurse was taking longer than usual.

Momo glanced at Jirou who seemed to be slowly waking up. Her arms were slightly twitching and flinching and her nose was scrunching up. The black-haired girl smiled as she saw that Jirou was finally leaving her unconscious state, though it dropped when silent tears dropped from her closed eyes.

Jirou was letting out unusual whimpers, almost similar to what someone experiencing a nightmare would be having. Momo found this odd, as Jirou wasn't sleeping and she was only passed out. It was almost like she was having a panic attack while waking up from her unconsciousness.

Momo quickly moved her hand towards Jirou's as she held it firmly and started shaking it. She shouldn't be forcing someone to wake up, but the faster it was done, the least of time Jirou had to spend suffering.

"Hey! Jirou! Open your eyes!" Momo called as she shook the purple-haired girl's hand. Suddenly, Jirou's eyes opened bit by bit as she tears stopped rolling out. Jirou slowly sat up as the first thing she saw was Momo's face.

The girl stopped holing Momo's hand as she rubbed her eyes with her two hands, wiping away her tears.

"Hey, it's okay! You passed out in the Cafeteria today..." Momo said. She leaned to see the girl's face, watching as she dried her tears. "Are you okay?".

Jirou turned to face Momo. She realised she had been crying in front of the black-haired girl. Jirou quickly dried them off and put on a sad smile as she covered her face slightly, wiping away the water droplets on her soaked face.

"Y-yeah. I'm okay." Jirou confirmed, though Momo was skeptical about it. The black-haired girl raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure? What did Monoma say to you?" Momo asked. Jirou's eyes widened a little.

"He—" Jirou started. She paused. "He didn't say anything.". Momo looked confused.

"But, before you passed out, he said—",

"He said nothing. I passed out because... because he punched me as I dropped him." Jirou lied through her teeth. Before Momo could say anything, the door of the nurse's office busted open.

Ms Recovery walked in as she held a small post-it note in her hand. The nurse looked over at the two girls.

"Ah, good to see you're awake. Did you take the medicine yet?" Ms Recovery asked. Jirou was confused as Momo shook her head.

"Not yet. She just woke up." Momo explained. Ms Recovery put down the post-it not on her desk as she waddled over to the two girls.

"I see, well, thank you Yaoyorozu for taking care of her." The nurse thanked. "I'll asked Jirou a couple of questions, so you may go back to your class. Raising a finger, Momo tried to argue. Though her finger dropped down as she nodded.

"Alright, I'll head back then." Momo spoke as she went over to the corner of her room to grab her bag. She slung over her shoulder as she headed towards the door, leaving the nurse's office slowly but surely.