Chapter 25 - The Household Isn't Always Home

Momo climbed over the railing of her balcony as she attempted to open the doors and enter. The black-haired girl had just come back from visiting Kyouka, and was sneaking back inside the house.

Though something didn't feel right. As she attempted to open the doors, she couldn't. Usually when she snuck out, she left her doors unlocked, but right now, they weren't.

Momo panicked as she tried to open the doors and bust them open, but nothing worked. The girl stood in the rain and tried to think of something, but nothing came to her mind. The only thing that she could do was go through the front door.

It wouldn't be as problematic as it should be, since Momo lives here, so getting past one or two security guards wasn't a problem at all. Momo was simply worried about what would happen if her parents questioned it or found her outside.

Her balcony door was magically locked, just like that, something must have happened that caused this.

Momo climbed over the railing of her balcony as she took the risk and went down the wall. Thing girl went around the mansion as she walked back on the main sidewalk. She walked until she was at the entrance gate of the house. Passing by, she could see the two bodyguards near the entrance look at her a little weird, as if they were expecting her, but Momo brushed it off.

"I've unfortunately been locked out. May you open the door?" Momo asked one of the security guards. He nodded, getting out a key from his pocket as he went over to the front door and opened it.

Momo thank the door as she carefully opened it up. She closed it as she entered, sighing with relief that she hadn't been seen.

Unfortunately, Momo was celebrating too early.

As the girl turned around, she saw the maid, Ms Joke, cleaning in the background. But that was not the worst part. The worst part was her father and mother, both standing infant of the stairs with looks on their faces Momo wished she could erase from her memory.

He father looked disappointed, his figure standing up straight with he fists clenched and her mother was leaning on her back foot as she crossed her arms and glared at Momo.

The black-haired girl stopped, shook.

"So, where have you been?" Her mother asked, her voice stern and strict. "Was tonight's outrage not enough for you?". Momo didn't say anything.

"Your mother and I are extremely disappointed. Unless you apologise and stop talking about this 'I like girls' drama, consequences are going to be difficult to endure." Her father spoke, a tone of disgust.

Momo scoffed. She was not having it anymore.

"Like hell. I stick to what I said." Momo spoke. "You can't change me.". Her mother looked so confused, her face becoming more and more red.

"What is going on with you!" She yelled. "First, you start slacking off at school, secondly, you're 'romantically' attracted to girls, and then I find out you've been sneaking out?!". Her father nodded.

"It's either your family and future or your attitude that'll be leaving you tonight. So pick." Her mother threatened. "You're 18 now, a legal adult, so if we choose to disown you, we have can.". Momo's eyes widened.

"You're kicking me out?" She asked in disbelief. Even the maid behind them had stopped cleaning. Ms Joke was looking at the situation, her eyes wide too.

"We aren't, not if you make the right decision and admit you've been misbehaving." Mrs Yaoyorozu spoke coldly. "You can't be going around saying you are lesbian or whatever. That is no such thing. It is wrong. Do you even have an idea of how much it would taint the Yaoyorozu name?".

Momo's fist clenched, she looked at the ground. Tears fell to the ground as she looked back up at her parents. Either she stayed with her controlling parents or she broke free from the chain around her leg.

She'd figure it out, someway or another. Nothing could be better than selling her life away to her parents.

"You know what?" Momo started. "You're not kicking me out. I'm leaving.".

Her parents seemed shocked. They probably hadn't expected that she would actually pick her freedom.

"Are you serious? Over your own family?" Her mother asked, completely stunned. Momo went over to her stairs as her mother backed up.

Momo stormed up the stairs and went into her room, packing everything she probably needed into her bag. She got clothes, her phone, her charger, necessary things and of course, she went to search her skateboard under her bed. Slinging the filled up backpack onto her shoulder and holding the skateboard, she rushed back downstairs.

Her parents were still there, watching the girl as she went towards the door.

"Momo Yaoyorozu!" Her father yelled. "Think this through. Where else would you possibly stay?". Her mother seemed disgusted.

"At my girlfriend's house." Momo answered, glaring at her father.

"I can't believe you. We are your parents. I am your mother!" Mrs Yaoyorozu yelled. "How could you do this to us!".

"You didn't really act like a mother earlier." Momo spoke as she opened the door, she turned around, gave one last glare at her parents. "Joke, however, was a real mother to me.".

Momo gave a good look at the maid who dropped the broom as she watched Momo smile sadly at her.

"And I will never forget how much I love her, because she supported my emotionally when I needed it." Momo said. The black-haired girl looked at he maid. "Joke, if you ever need help or anything, text me. Kyouka and I are thankful to have you.".

Ms Joke smiled and waved.

And so Momo glared at her parents and closed the door, leaving her household for good.