Chapter 10 - Ocean Boards

"Okay, so we replace your skateboard quickly and then you bring me home." Momo spoke clearly as the two girls walked into the mall. Jirou had surprisingly convinced Momo, and so the two girls were walking inside the pretty busy mall. To the purple-haired girl was leading the way, as she knew where the skateboard store was quite clearly. She loved going there, picking out boards and wheels. It was a lot of fun.

"Chill out. Live a little." Jirou spoke, not looking back at Momo. The black-haired girl frowned.

"I'm simply being reasonable. You were lucky enough that my parents dismissed me to my room until my bedtime after dinner." Momo insisted. Jirou playfully rolled her eyes as she turned around and kept walking backwards, looking at Momo.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Jirou spoke as she turned back around and kept walking. Momo didn't possibly know how Jirou could go out and do all these things. To be honest, she wasn't sure what Jirou's parents would think about it.

Did they not care? Was she just free to do whatever she liked whenever she liked? Momo didn't know and she contemplated that it would stay a secret for quite a while.

It wasn't long until the two finally arrived in front of the store. The front gave off a very street-like store as you could kind of see the inside of the shop through the glass doors. There were many boards with different designs hanging on the wall, as well as t-shirts, shirts, hoodies, helmets and different protection equipment. Wheels were separately organised by the counter and on a couple of shelves. The walls of the store were covered in graffiti.

Momo was hesitant of entering. By now, she should be working on her science project, though she had been dragged over here. Jirou could see the hesitant look on the girl's face as she had grabbed Momo's hand and dragged her into the store.

As they entered, a trendy music was lightly playing in the shop. The place was pretty well lit up. Jirou continued to hold on to Momo's hand as she dragged the girl closer to the counter. At first, Momo couldn't tell where they were going until they reached the shop counter.

Momo looked up to see a tall figure that seemed to be having her back facing them. She had a pretty muscular figure and quite tanned dark skin. The girl turned around, waving her long white hair back. As she was now facing them, Momo realised how tall the woman was.

She looked quite young, as if she were in her mid or early-twenties. Her beautiful crimson red eyes were anything but intimidating. She looked like she could protect and fight if she had to, yet something about her gave off a soft image. Not only that, but the woman seemed to be wearing white bunny ears as well as a white skin-tight tank top. Momo could also see that the woman was wearing a pear of oversized grey jogger pants. As the woman gave a smile to the two girls, Momo couldn't help but notice the black rose tattoo on her shoulder.

"Hey Kyouka!" The woman spoke as she rested her arm with the tattoo on the corner, leaning sideways. Jirou smiled.

"Hey Mirko! How's it going?" Jirou asked. Mirko closed her eyes for a moment as she shrugged. She opened them back up as she stared at the purple-haired girl.

"Eh, I guess it's been alright." Mirko spoke honestly. Her attention shifted from Kyouka to Momo, who seemed quite awkward in the corner. She gave her a good look, analysing the black-haired girl. "Who is this? Did'ya bring a friend?".

Momo flinched a little as she realised she was lost in her thoughts, staring at the woman. Jirou got closer to Momo as she slung an arm around Momo's neck and shoulder, as if she were acting like she had met an old friend.

"I guess you could say so. This is Momo Yaoyorozu." Jirou explained. Mirko smiled at the girl. "We're here to buy skateboards.". Momo seemed slightly confused when Jirou said 'skateboards', as she had only agreed to come and buy one. The white-haired woman looked at Momo.