Chapter 22 - Birthday Surprise

Momo and her friends had decided to eat outside instead of the cafeteria to celebrate the girl's birthday. Everyone had brought their own packed lunch so they could have fun and enjoy the end of November's autumn breeze.

They did this every school year on campus, since Momo's parents would no way in hell ever give her a birthday party. A birthday in the family represented extra responsibilities to carry since you were becoming more mature every year. It wasn't fun nor was it exciting.

Most of the student council members were there, hanging around Momo as they celebrated and had a good time. Bakugou had surprisingly agreed to join them and Sero, Mina and Denki came along as well as Kyouka, of course.

They were all currently huddled up under the cherry blossoms tree in the UA park. All chatting and enjoying themselves. Momo sat next to Kyouka as people congratulated her for turning 18. Though something felt empty for Momo, even if it was her birthday and she was enjoying it with her friends.

"Congratulations, Yaomomo! You're a legal adult now!" Ochako beamed as she gave the girl a big hug. She then back up, pulling a small bracelet out of her pocket. Her nervous smile didn't seem to confident. "I got you this!". Momo looked at it with awe. It was a small hand made candy bracelet.

"It's so pretty!" Momo commented. Ochako chuckled nervously.

"Sorry it's not much... It's all I could afford!" The brunette said. Momo shook her head.

"I love it, so don't worry about it!" Momo reassured. Ochako thanked the girl as she headed back towards Tsuyu and Midoriya, who were talking with Todoroki and Iida.

Many of her friends would give her gifts at school, and right now, she had gone through all of the presents offered from the little friend group known as the 'dekusquad'.

"Hey! Momo! I got you something too!" A small voice spoke. Momo looked over to where the voice was coming from. It was none other than Mineta. Momo was a little worried, knowing Mineta and his bad habits.

The short student gave out a small wrapped up gift. Momo unwrapped it to see it was a tiny little picture book with adorable illustrations. To her surprise, the boy had been polite.

"I wasn't expecting this... Thank you Mineta!" Momo thanked. The boy seemed to finally be understanding the basics of human decency and respecting women.

"No worries." Mineta spoke as he walked off. Momo flipped the pages of the small picture book as she analysed all the illustrations. She felt something tap her shoulder as she turned around to see it was Kyouka.

"I also got you something." Kyouka said with a smile. She reached into her school bag and pulled out a medium-sized gifts, handing it over to Momo.

"Thanks Kyouka!" Momo chirped as she looked at the gift and unwrapped it. It was a box. Momo took the lid off as she saw what was inside.

The box was filled with custom skateboard wheels. Some where from different designs while one pair was specifically a photo printed on the wheels. It was a self they had taken at the skatepark a couple days before. An interesting and thoughtful gift.

"I thought you could customise your skateboard now... You seem to like skateboarding even more." Kyouka said as she shrugged. Momo smiled, looking at Kyouka.

"I love it." Momo spoke. "Now I can skate with our faces on the wheels.". The two girls laughed at Momo's joke. Someone walked up to the two, making to two girls stop laughing.

"Yaoyorozu, I'd like to speak to you.". It was Todoroki. He seemed pretty serious. Momo wasn't sure what was going on. She gave Kyouka a strange look before smiling.

"I'll be back." She said to Kyouka as she stood up from her seat and put the box with the skateboard wheels to the side.

Following Todoroki, she seemed a little curious of what he had to say. The two walked aside from the group as Todoroki seemed to notice that they were far enough to speak about whatever topic he had to bring up.

"What are we gonna do?" Todoroki asked.

Momo was confused. What did he just ask? The boy was barely making sense.

"About what? What are you talking about?" Momo asked, trying to understand what was going on. Todoroki sighed.

"You know what I'm talking about, the wedding plan." Todoroki said. Momo didn't understand a single word.

"I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong person... I don't know what you mean." Momo confirmed. Todoroki's eyes widened as he looked around. He glanced back at Momo.

"They didn't tell you?" Todoroki asked.

"Tell me what?". There was a silence. Todoroki shook his head as he just frowned sadly, looking at the ground. The red and white-haired boy was about to walk off. Before he did, he said something that left Momo confused and terrified of what could happen next.

"You'll find out soon. At least today I think.".