Chapter 4 - Smoker Buddies

"It's been a week already?". Three teenagers were leaning against the wall of the back of UA High School. While other students were taking their education seriously, are at least at the bare minimum seriously, others were on the complete opposite line. Smoking seemed to be the only thing on the three teenagers' minds as the each had a cigarette in their mouth.

A girl with pink had and what seemed to be a headband with yellow horns spoke as she puffed out a bit of smoke after having the cigarette in her mouth. She was wearing what looked like a pastel tie dye hoodie with high-waisted black pleated skirt. The pink girl was also wearing pastel knee-high tie dye socks that matched her oversized-hoodie with big black boots which fit her style quite a lot. He bag seemed to be pink, just like her hair, dropped right next beside her.

Kyouka was also one of the students among them, and apparently, the one the pink girl was talking to her. The question had been specifically directed for Kyouka.

"What do you mean, Mina?" Kyouka questioned, throwing out her cigarette as she started to cough a little, though she stopped after a while. Kyouka didn't like these things, but it got her in trouble and it got people to spread rumours about her, so it was worth it.

The girl that seemed to go by Mina raised an eyebrow. A small smirk crossing her face as she observed Kyouka.

"You know, ever since the 'top tier perfect student' bumped into you and she didn't say shit about you puffin' smoke?" Mina pointed out. That seemed to make the third student among them laugh lots.

It was a boy, approximately the same age as the two other girls, though he looked noticeably younger, as if he was one year under their's. The boy had bright yellow hair with a pin of a black lightning strike in his hair as well as a black cap worn the wrong way around. It looked really cool, as it matched his black septum piercing. The boy had bright yellow eyes matching his hair and was wearing a light sky blue jean vest over his black crop top. The student was wearing jean short shorts with small white socks and sneakers. The yellow-haired boy was wearing a lot of bracelets of all colour, having many different meanings. Not many people knew how to appreciate his sense of fashion, but those who did really enjoyed his outfits.

The yellow-haired student stopped laughing as he held his cigarette with the tip of his fingers. He leaned back against the wall.

"I-I can't believe she ignored you though." The boy spoke, catching his breathing from his laughing. "Like, your goal is to get in trouble and the school police catches you, yet you don't get arrested?".

Kyouka rolls her eyes and Mina chuckles.

"Kaminari, that's a bad example..." Mina says, still grinning like an idiot as she looks at the boy. Denki Kaminari, the yellow-haired student, shrugs as he puts back the cigarette in his mouth. Kyouka looks downwards, putting her hands in her pockets.

"No. I haven't seen her since." Kyouka says as she looks up again. Her tone of voice almost sounded as if she were disappointed. Mina tilted her head in confusion.

"How so? Why didn't she tell on you?" Mina questioned. The pink girl smiled as she threw her almost done up cigarette to the side. "Pfft, you probably weren't worth the attention to be told on.".

That comment made Kyouka slightly frustrated. Her two best friends knew about her situation and her attention issues. As much as it came off as a joke to a lot of people, especially the attention detail, it was a pretty serious thing to Kyouka. Her friends would slip it in sometimes to joke around, though Kyouka didn't have enough courage to tell them she didn't feel comfortable about it. As ironic as it might sound, she wanted to seem unbothered by their actions.

"Tch. What do I not have? Am I not good enough to even be reported?" Kyouka said, a tone of annoyance in her voice. Mina and Denki looked at each other with worried eyes as they could see Kyouka was getting serious about the topic. Denki tried to cover up the subject.

"Maybe... she didn't want to be a snitch?" The pikachu-like boy suggested, lifting his shoulders up a little. Kyouka scoffed.

"Don't be stupid, she's your typical nerd. You know all goody-two-shoes snitch." Kyouka snapped back. Mina raised an eyebrow.

"But not her." The pink-haired girl commented. Kyouka growled as she bent down and grabbed her bag, slinging it onto her shoulder. "Hey— where are you going?".

Kyouka stared a death glare at both of them. It was almost like they had done something wrong. The purple-haired girl felt the need to take out her anger on the two. She was feeling upset and she needed someone to talk to, but her friends would no way in hell take her seriously. Despite her attitude, she was awfully clingy and quite an affectionate person, though she grew to cancel those traits of herself out.

"You guys don't understand.". Which those words, Kyouka left, leaving the two others confused. It wasn't the first time she had done this, but it had been the first time in a while.

Denki and Mina looked at each other, eyes showing confusion. They seemed to be a little disappointed.

"What's up with her?" Denki asked. Mina shrugged. The pink-haired girl looked downwards, narrowing her eyes as she put on a more serious face. Mina answered the boy's question.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it seems like bad news.".