Chapter 8 - Problematic Parents

Momo walked into the house as she set down her stuff for the maid to take care of. She had gotten home much later than expected, crossing her fingers and hoping that her parents wouldn't get too mad at her. Besides, they would question why she were late, and she couldn't just say it was because her violin professor scolded her (because that would definitely get her scolded twice the amount she already had received).

Momo attempted to tip-toe past the main large corridor of the mansion, avoiding the dining room and living room. She definitely didn't want to have to explain her being late now. She was tired and she needed a break. Going up the first step of the stairs, she tried to get up there as quickly and quietly as possible. Though despite her attempts, a voice called from behind her.

"Momo, welcome home.". Momo could immediately recognise the voice. Of course, it was one that had given her endless lectures. How could you forget such a boring and well-mannered posh tone.

The black-haired girl turned around to confirm her suspicion, and it was correct, It was the voice of her mother. She was standing there in a long fancy black dress with a pair of intellectual glasses. Here earrings were silver large hoops that swung as she shook he head in disappointment. Having her ands crossed and scrunched up to her chest as if she were trying to imply her authority over Momo, she leaned on her left foot, resting on it.

"M-mother." Momo stuttered, head turned towards her mother, though her body was still facing the mount of the stairs. "I, uh... well, I've been a little late today...". Mrs Yaoyorozu sighed as she glared right into her daughters eyes, as if she was trying to tear the truth out of her.

"Right, of course, I can see that." Her mother answered firmly. "You are precisely two hours late. In fact, we were about to have dinner without you.".

Momo gulped as she turned around fully, The wrinkles of her uniform were showing, as if the clothes she were wearing had never been ironed. It had been such a long day, her stress must have caused her body to sweat up from overworking and wrinkle up her clothing.

"I might have had a longer violin class than usual..." Momo muttered, looking downwards. Her mother raised an eyebrow.

"Right, of course. First of all, look at me in the eyes when I'm talking to you. It's rude to look away mid-conversation." Mrs Yaoyorozu complained. "Secondly, there must have been a reason for you to magically have a longer violin class. How about you explain this to your father and I at dinner?".

Momo sighed in defeat. She couldn't run or hide. All she could do was give in and obey to her parents' wishes.

"Of course mother." Momo spoke as she started heading back down the stairs. Momo's mother made a 'Tsk' noise as she watched Momo.

"Right, but before you do that, go get yourself changed for dear lord's sake! We've raised a lady, not a savage!" Mrs Yaoyorozu scolded. Momo nodded.

"Yes mother, I'm sorry mother.". With that, Momo quickly ran up to her room as she changed out of her uniform which was soaked by sweat. Tossing it to the side to clear up later, she took out a small black dress that she put on neatly as well as red fancy boots. Momo went towards her small mirror, grabbing a brush and brushing out her hair, having it down. She put on a red chain necklace and finally, she was 'presentable' for dinner, according to her parents.

The teenager headed back downstairs as she quickly but elegantly hurried over to the dining room. The girl saw both her parents sitting and waiting for her with looks on their faces she wished she could unseen. It was just like the worst she could imagine had happened. 

Her parents looked extremely, well, calm. But Momo knew they weren't actually calm. There was a huge storm heading to rain on her parade. Hell, there hadn't even been a parade to rain on and the clouds still hovered over her head. Momo quickly grabbed a seat as she sat up straight, hands elegantly and politely placed on the table. She internally stressed out as she watched both her father and mother pierce right through her.

"Momo," Her father started with a rather cheery tone, though it would only go downhill from there. "Your mother and I received a phone call from your violin professor. Mind explaining the hassle today?". 

Momo trembled slightly, tilting her head a little.

"W-well father, you see—" Momo started.

"WON'T YOU SIT AND STAND PROPERLY!" Her mother yelled, interrupting her. Momo flinched as she stopped tilting her head immediately, sitting right back up with a straight back. "Dear goodness! You are a Yaoyorozu! Show it, don't just lean like there was nothing going on!". Momo hesitantly nodded.

"S-sorry mother." Momo spoke silently. Mrs Yaoyorozu glared at her.

"What was that?",

"Sorry mother.".

Her father coughed twice, as if he was trying to interrupt politely. He looked at Momo.

"So dear, what was the hassle about?" Mr Yaoyorozu said, this time, his voice being more strict and serious. Momo gulped.

"I got some notes wrong on the music sheet, so she told me to play it until it was perfect. But mother, father, she gave me a music sheet I hadn't had for homework! Of course, I was bound to make mistakes—" Momo confessed, trying to convince her parents it wasn't her fault, because in reality, it really wasn't. Though her father wasn't having it.

"Momo Yaoyorozu. What have we told you about practice?" Her father asked sternly. Momo looked downwards, answering the question ashamed of herself.

"Practice makes perfection...".

"Right, now, your practice schedule for your violin classes will be much stricter than it previously was young lady. 1 hour and a half per day minimum." Her father ordered. Momo's eyes widened. That was way too much, especially per day. She didn't even like to play violin.

"But, father—" Momo protested. Her mother cut her off.

"You heard your father. Now, quit arguing and eat your food before it gets cold." Mrs Yaoyorozu spoke. "It's not like today's events good get any worse, what news could you possibly give us now, huh?".

'Well, I'm not allowed to go to student council meetings anymore...' Momo though sarcastically, though she didn't have enough courage to say it fully.

"Right, of course." Momo lied, picking up her fork as she pocked it into her cooked chicken, finally done hearing her parents' annoying scolding.