Chapter 6 - After School Struggles

Momo sighed as she grabbed her stuff and went. She couldn't spend the rest of her day being upset about her lost privilege of attending the student council meetings. Despite Iida's decision and the arguments that would be caused between her and her parents, she still had to attend her violin class with her violin teacher, of with she did not know the name of.

To be completely honest, Momo didn't like this teacher one bit. She was rude and strict, resembled the image of a witch. Her long curly messy hair didn't exactly fit her fancy way of dressing. It didn't really matter what event it was, you could always know she would be wearing a full on business suit. In a high school too. For what reason? No one knew. Not too mention her rectangular glasses and the mole on the top of her right cheek really didn't fit her too well, though it perfectly added to the 'strict teacher' look.

Momo's parents just liked the idea because she reflected a proper and disciplined image. Though her wrinkles and old facial features made her look wise and right at all times, she was barely good at giving feedback.

As Momo found herself in front of the music department corridor, she was way too scared to even enter. It made her stomach clench, as if she was going to vomit. If it weren't for, once again, her parents, she would have dropped the class immediately.

Taking a deep breathe and closing her eyes, she opened them back up to stare at what had seemed to be the empty school corridor of the music department earlier. Though that quickly changed when an upright figure was waiting outside of the door for her. Momo's eyes widened and she went pale, almost like she had seen a ghost.

Of course, with her luck, that figure had to be her violin teacher, staring right into her eyes, as if she had committing a crime for spending too much time waiting at the entrance. The middle-aged woman seemed to be completely calm, though the way she was staring right into Momo's soul said otherwise.

"Well? Why such the wait?" The professor asked, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. She looked Momo up and down, looking unimpressed, like she was showing disgust towards the girl. "By now I would have expected you to attend my classes on time instead of day dreaming in front of a corridor you see every week. Hurry up.".

Momo flinched a little, being awoken from her thoughts. She nodded, keeping her head low as she hurried over.

"I apologise." Momo said quickly as she joined the teacher who by now was inside the classroom. The teacher snarled.

"I apologise what?".

"I apologise, ma'am." Momo corrected herself quickly. The teacher sighed.

"You should also know by now how to address to your elders." The curly-haired woman spoke. Momo nodded.

"Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am.". The teacher looked as Momo waited for approval of the teacher to enter the room and set up her violin. A sign of approval was given when the teacher pointed over to a music stand that was already set up near a table.

"Now please go set up yourself. Get out your violin." The woman spoke.

Momo nodded again, holding on firmly to her stuff as she walked over to the corner. She put down her back gently on a chair near the table and set her violin case on the surface of the table. Unzipping the case, she opened it. Momo took out her violin and the shoulder rest, placing the shoulder rest on the back of her violin.

Momo then set the violin down as she took out the bow which was carefully organised on the top part of the case. She tightened the hair strings of the bow as she took out her rosin and applied it 3 to 4 times on the bow. The girl then took out her music sheets on the top pocket of the case and carefully unfolded them, placing each one on the music stand. She grabbed her violin and placed it so she was ready to play.