Chapter 17 - After School Skatepark

Momo just followed behind Jirou. The purple-haired girl seemed to be looking around the streets, as if they were near their destination. The school Vice President looked down at her skateboard, balancing her body as she went.

Soon enough, Jirou turned around, still skateboarding. She pointed to a certain direction and Momo took a closer look.

"We're almost there!" Jirou yelled, turning back around as she skateboarded to where she had pointed. Momo followed after Jirou.

It didn't take long until Momo realised where Jirou was pointing at. It looked like a skatepark.

Jirou went over to the entrance as she stepped off of her skateboard, stomping on the edge of the board so she could pick it up. She stood there and waited for Momo to join her, as the black-haired girl was a little slower than her.

As Momo finally got closer to Jirou, she stepped off of her board as well, bending down to pick it up. She grabbed it firmly, looking up at Jirou as she then looked around. There were ramps everywhere, as well as small iron railings that seemed to be used for tricks. Momo took a closer look as she saw a couple of kids playing, mostly of all ages. Many were on scooters while some were on roller skates and others on skateboards.

Jirou walked onto the grey stone ground of the skatepark, having Momo following her.

"Is this where you wanted to take me? I can barely skateboard..." Momo muttered, hurrying up next to Jirou. The purple-haired girl looked up at Momo, skeptical as she raised an eyebrow.

"Where do you think I learned how to skateboard? Definitely not my backyard." Jirou spoke. She scratched her head, looking around the park. "Besides, I didn't necessarily bring you here for that. I wanted you to meet—",

"Hey! Kyouka! Over here!". A sudden bright voice interrupted Jirou. The purple-haired stopped, so did Momo, as the black-haired girl was following Jirou's every move. Jirou turned to see two familiar figures in the distance.

Momo could recognise them as well. They were the kids known for never coming to class. Though they never came, Momo knew them very well. The student council had been reported that the three students were quite troublesome, so they were on the list of kids that had to receive extra supervision.

Jirou grabbed Momo's free hand, to Momo's surprise, dragging her over to her friends, Mina and Denki.

Mina seemed to be leaning against one of the ramp's walls, as well as her pink roller skates. She hadn't brought her skateboard today. As for Denki, he was sitting on one of the nearby railing, having his roller skates on already.

Jirou and Momo got closer to the two other teenagers.

"Hey guys! I brought someone today." Jirou greeted, indicating her hand towards Momo, acknowledging her presence. Momo hesitantly waved.

"Mhm! We did too!" Mina chirped. Jirou raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Who?" Jirou asked. The pink-haired girl looked at her nails.

"Some guy named Kirishima. Red hair and all. A friend from middle school and currently Denki's best 'bro' from what I understand." Mina answered, sliding her hands in the pockets of her pastel tie-dye bomber jacket. Her round black fashion glasses were hanging on the end of the bridge of her nose for dear-life. "He's currently filling up his water bottle at the water fountain. He'll be back soon though.".

"Oh, I know him. We met in the school cafeteria." Jirou commented, making both Denki and Mina's eyes go wide. Momo however nodded as well to the first part. Kirishima was in the student council, so she kind of knew him. "He's a nice guy.".

Denki began to suddenly laugh, making both Momo and Jirou confused. Mina was still in disbelief.

"You? School?" Mina asked, shocked. "Since when do you attend school?". Jirou shrugged.

"Since today, I think." Jirou answered, making Mina chuckle. Denki calmed down his laughter.

"Anyways, so who are you?" Mina asked Momo kindly, wanting to get to know the girl. Momo internally inhaled, promising herself she wouldn't make a fool of herself as she attempted to speak. She couldn't believe she was doing this right now. Never in a lifetime would she have expected to hang out with the trouble students.

"Oh, I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. My friends usually call me Yaomomo or Momo though." Momo answered swiftly, making a good impression. Mina smiled.

"Awesome! Well, welcome to the friend group!" Mina welcomed. She gave a cheeky glance at Jirou, leaving the girl unsettled. The pink girl looked back at Momo. "So, how'd you meet Jirou? Are you two close or something?".

Momo awkwardly rubbed her neck. Mina could suddenly feel Jirou's glare piercing through her. The pink-haired girl knew exactly how they met and their relationship status, so it was obvious she was asking these questions to tease Jirou about her new-found obsession over the girl.

"Ah, um... well... We actually met two weeks ago!" Momo answered. "You know me, school Vice President, and I kind of caught her smoking behind campus...". Mina smiled brightly.

"Wow! You two seem pretty close for friends that met two weeks ago." Mina commented. Momo hummed in agreement.

"Hey guys! I'm back!" A voice called. All heads turned around as a boy with red hair carrying a skateboard under his left arm and holding a bottle with his right hand was seen. It was Kirishima. He seemed to be walking towards the group. Kirishima seemed surprised as he saw Momo and Jirou.

You couldn't exactly blame him. Jirou was someone he had just met today and coincidentally, they were hanging out after school as well. As for Momo, she was the student council Vice President, so it came a little bit as a shock to find out that Miss Perfect was attending a group of friends that were known for their chaotic behaviour.

"Welcome back!" Denki greeted, patting him on the back. "Turns out we got more company.". Kirishima nodded.

"I definitely didn't expect to see you guys, especially you, Yaomomo." Kirishima said. He tilted his head in confusion. "You always tell us your parents are busy.". Jirou snickered.

"Let's just say I sneaked her out." Jirou replied. Kirishima's face went pale. Momo awkwardly laughed.

"Ha, ha... yeah..." Momo muttered. "By the way, what time is it?". Jirou stood on the tip of her toes as she wrapped her arm around Momo's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it! We just got here." Jirou said. "I promise I'd take you home at the right time so you don't get caught. And I keep my promises.".

"Rarely." Denki commented, waving his two feet as he sat on the railing. Everyone laughed while Jirou backed up a little, taking her arm away from Momo. Her face went red from embarrassment as she crossed her arms, looked away and pouted.

"You guys are mean." Jirou complained.