Chapter 13 - Cafeteria Drama

Kyouka honestly didn't really know how the school system worked. Well, she did, but not when it came to the social world. Skipping school for months was all she had known, so coming back so suddenly was quite difficult, despite her cocky and sassy attitude. Kyouka didn't really know why she came back, it was just something she wanted to do.

Perhaps it was to see the cute school Vice President that she had snuck out with last Friday. Or maybe it was simply for her own future. God knows.

So how was she supposed to find her seat at the school cafeteria, where known of her friends were there. The term she would take would be 'loner' in this situation, but Kyouka had no intention of starting off her reputation like that.

As she grabbed her lunch tray firmly, the lunch lady served her food and placed the plate onto the blue surface of the tray. Kyouka sighed as she took it and left the cafeteria line, finally carrying her lunch.

The cafeteria was much larger than she had imagined. It was an open space with plenty of tables. There were a lot of plants to decorate the area and of course, you couldn't not have the typical red, blue, green and yellow recycling bins in each corner of the room.

Most tables were full, and if they weren't, it was because the people occupying the tables were simply small friend groups. Kyouka walked through the cafeteria as she analysed the tables, deciding on where she should sit.

The purple-haired girl was kind of looking forward to sitting with Yaoyorozu if she was honest, though their table seemed to be full. Students that were typically in the student council such as Shouto Todoroki, Tenya Iida, Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, Tsuyu Asui, Minoru Mineta and Hitoshi Shinsou (as well as Momo Yaoyorozu herself) were sitting there.

Kyouka walked past their table, making eye contact with the black-haired girl. It wasn't long, but it sure felt like an eternity. As Kyouka kept walking, she found a table right behind the student council table that seemed pretty empty.

There were, to Kyouka's surprise, only three students on the long endless-looking table. Kyouka observed the three. They were all boys, from her class even. Two were sitting next to each other while one was sitting on the other side, almost like they were making a mini 'L' shape. The one sitting alone had spiky ash-blond hair with what looked like red crimson eyes. He looked quite bored, playing with the straw in his cup, twirling it around with his finger.

Another one seemed to have medium-lengthen flat black hair as well as black eyes. Something about him was a little creepy, but he seemed like a nice guy. His smile was flashy and he was talking to a red-haired student next to him.

Kyouka recognised the last guy. From what she could remember, his name was Eijirou Kirishima. The student looked like a happy guy. His teeth resembled those of a shark, as pointy as they were, but his smiled seemed super friendly. From what Kyouka had heard, he went to middle school with Mina, so she had a little bit of background information on him.

Kyouka stood there, motionless with her tray in hand. It didn't take long until she was woken up from her thoughts. She was after all, in front of their table and staring at them, so a voice called out to her.

"Oi, extra! You gonna stand there and shit your pants? Move along!". It was the blonde guy. His look of disinterest had shifted into pure frustration and annoyance. He was no longer playing with the straw as he glared at Kyouka.

The purple-haired girl seemed a little surprised. He didn't seem like a mean guy, so this was a little bit of a shocking introduction.

The blonde was however quickly stopped by Kirishima.