Chapter 24 - The Rain's Sunshine

(A/N: Trigger Warning - Homophobia. If you are sensitive to this topic, then you might want to click off. This warning was mentioned before in the description and I unfortunately can not summarise these parts because it is still included in summaries. You have been warned!)

Momo covered her mouth instantly as she realised what she said. Her mother was speechless, and so was she.

She didn't think it was possible, but she had accidentally came out to her mother.

To be honest, not even she knew about her own feelings until she just, yelled them out. It was like a moment of realisation. She never liked anyone before and suddenly, she was here dreaming about Kyouka. Kyouka was special to her and she acknowledged it, though she didn't expect to yell it out to the entire world.

Her mother seemed stunned, almost like a disaster was happening right in front of her eyes and she was frozen. Mrs Yaoyorozu's sweet and empathetic approach merged back into a strict and serious expression.

"What?" Mrs Yaoyorozu asked, almost as if she was asking 'Are you serious?'. She knew and heard very well what her daughter had told her. Momo gulped as she gained the courage to speak up again. Her mother was right about one thing at least, Momo will eventually be happy if she makes the right sacrifices.

And she damn right was about to make it.

"You heard me. I like girls." Momo spoke, glaring right through her mother's eyes. "I'm Lesbian, and whether you like it or not, I can't change that.".

"You're confused, girls can't like girls romantically." Mrs Yaoyorozu spoke, forcing her opinion on her daughter. Momo proudly neglected it.

"I'm certainly not 'confused'." Momo muttered under her breathe as she stared right into her mother's eyes with a cold and fiery look.

Mrs Yaoyorozu's eyes widened again. She hadn't expected her daughter to be talking back.

"First, you're talking to me like this and second, you're being foolish? I don't know what kind of behaviour this is but you have to stop." Mrs Yaoyorozu threatened. "You've been acting a lot weirder lately. I don't know what phase you're going through but it has to stop.".

"It's not a damn phase." Momo growled. "I won't marry your fucking business partner's son.". Mrs Yaoyorozu stood up as she looked at Momo with disgust. She headed to the door as she glared at the girl.

"I did not raise you like this. You are not my daughter." Mrs Yaoyorozu spoke. Momo scoffed.

"Well you're not my mother." Momo snapped back. Mrs Yaoyorozu went red with anger.

"I'll be speaking to your father. We'll be discussing you and your attitude.". With those words, Mrs Yaoyorozu left the door, slamming it shut.

Momo felt enraged. She wanted to just start over. The girl headed over to her balcony as she opened the curtains and door, closing everything behind her. It was raining, but she could barely care about that factor. She climbed over the railing of her balcony, like Kyouka had taught her, and headed down the wall, landing behind the building.

She had to see Kyouka. Running down the sidewalk and heading towards the large mansion, Momo went as fast as she could. She ran over, wanting to see the girl immediately.

Momo quickly went up to the front door and pressed the door bell as she waited in front of it. She wasn't sure if Kyouka would be home, but she would take the risk. The rain fell down violently. Momo waited outside as she was getting soaked from the rain.

Soon enough, the doorbell open. A maid had opened it, looking at Momo with a confused expression, wondering why the girl was here.

"Hello ma'am, could I help you?" The maid asked hesitantly, opening the door fully. Momo nodded, her eyes still filled with tears.