Chapter 5 - The Student Council

Momo walked through the halls of her school, tired as ever. As much as she had tried to argue with her parents about her staying home, that didn't stop them from sending her to school anyways.

The black-haired girl attempted to stay awake and right up as she walked. It was difficult, though she was surprised she even managed to make it past almost the entire day. All that was left on her schedule was her student council meeting and an after school violin class.

The girl kept walking, dragging her feet as she finally met the student council room. As she peeked through the door, she noticed that numerous of her classmates were already settled down.

A blue haired boy with glasses known as Iida Tenya was sitting at the end of the table. He was the school president, so he naturally had that specific seat reserved for him. Next to him was an empty seat, which would usually be Momo's.

Unlike most schools, their student council was a little different. It was more like a club where students would gather and spread awareness about trending topics that were important or helped the school environment improve. Anything really.

The school president would be chosen by conducting a school election. The candidate who placed first would be president of the school for a year, the candidate nominated second being the Vice President. Other from that, it was more of a 'sign up' kind of choice. Many students of her class were in the club.

On the left side of the table sat a boy with split white and red hair. His name was Shouto Todoroki. Momo and Todoroki had been good friends since their childhood, but no more than that. Their parents had known each other due to their riches and financial advantages.

Todoroki and Momo both loved each other like siblings. After Momo came out as lesbian and Todoroki as gay, they had grown closer, since they knew they could trust each other for good. Their parents were the typical strict and basic opinion-based people, not really being able to imagine a world where a woman wouldn't be dating a man and vice versa. Momo never completely knew, as she herself had never spoken to her own parents about it, but they just didn't give off an open-minded feeling.

Next to Todoroki sat a boy with green hair, wide emerald eyes and freckled-cheeks. The boy's name was Izuku Midoriya, and currently dating Todoroki Shouto in secret. Momo was aware of it, and so were a couple close friends, though then again, due to Todoroki's strict father, they decided to keep it secret.

Midoriya was sitting next to a girl called Tsuyu Asui, followed by Ochako Uraraka. Asui was a quite expressionless girl, though extremely caring. Her hair was green and long tied into a ribbon. A lot of her friends would refer to her as a frog, because, she did resemble one. As for Ochako, she was a pink-cheeked girl with short brown hair, her bangs being longer than the back.

Those were Momo's friends. It was the main friend group she was in. She smiled as she peeked through the door, watching as many were smiling and laughing, talking about whatever topics they could possibly find. Other people were sitting in the room, though Momo didn't really pay attention. She knew their names at most, but didn't really focus on that point. You could say there were a couple people like Katsuki Bakugou, Eijiro Kirishima, Tokoyami Fumikage, Hitoshi Shinsou and Minoru Mineta.

As much as Momo disliked Minoru Mineta for his quite disgusting habits that included many perverted actions, he was a smart student. It was shocking to a lot of others when they found out about it. And of course, Momo thought that if Mineta was part of a project like a student council, perhaps it would improve his issues and help him to evolve from doing these things. As dark topics would come up a lot, many including sexual assault, Mineta was slowly learning how to not be a jerk.