Chapter 2 - Craving Attention

Kyouka was walking right out of her school, a little disappointed. She honestly was expecting some sort of entertainment today. Especially when the Vice President, Yaoyorozu, was watching her.

The girl walked past the school gates as she dropped her cigarette to the floor and crushed it with her foot. There was no point in having it now, it wasn't like a stranger on the streets would tell her to stop smoking.

Kyouka didn't really live far away from the prestigious family. People in the high school were either rich kids or smart kids, or a mix of both. Kyouka was smart, of course, but with all her failed assignments that she never gave two shits about, she definitely didn't earn a scholarship. As fortunate as it may seem, Kyouka came from a rich and successful family line.

Though her parents were always busy working and never had time for her. To be honest, she was basically raised with no affection and just money being given to her, so she really didn't understand anything. Kyouka grew attention issues, feeling the need to do all sort of crazy things to get noticed, since her own flesh and blood never noticed her.

The girl walked down the street, into one where a lot of rich and fancy houses were. It was her neighbourhood. Though she was barely home, or only came home to drop off stuff and collect stuff, Kyouka decided to come home for a little. She knew her parents would be busy, but it didn't hurt to check, right?

Kyouka looked at the fancy large metallic gate that blocked her from entering her house. She tapped in the code on the small mechanism next to it, having the gate open automatically. The purple-haired girl walked through a magnificent garden, entering the Jirou Mansion as a butler opened up a door for her. The butler seemed surprised to see the girl. After all, she would rarely come from the front door, climbing into her room from a window or something.

"Good afternoon Ms Jirou." The butler said shortly, feeling slightly awkward. Kyouka threw her school back at the man carelessly, walking in without greeting him. She felt bad, but she really was craving some sort of remark on her attitude right now, after the Vice President didn't fill in her hunger for it.

After all, why didn't she? She's the Vice President, right? So why didn't she do anything about it. That's something that was bothering Kyouka quite a lot. She definitely needed to see that girl again and do something that would get her to nice the purple-haired girl. It really was stuck on Kyouka's mind.

The butler stumbled back, grabbing onto the bag as he hung it on the side next to the coat hangers. It wasn't unusual for Kyouka to behave like this, so at this point, he had gotten used to her rebellious attitude.

Kyouka hurried up towards the stairs of the mansion, walking up each step to get to her room on the top floor. As she walked, she could hear brief conversations coming from her father's office.

'He's probably working again.' Kyouka thought. The girl hesitated to stop on her tracks and just peek to check. After all, it was difficult not to. She decided to just stop by and see if he was busy or not. Leaving the stairs on the first floor and heading towards the door, she opened it slightly, glancing at her father on a phone call. Kyouka opened the door completely, having her father seeing her completely. His muffled conversation became clear.

Her father stopped on his words, instantly turning around and facing Kyouka after he had heard a small door creaking noise. He stayed silent for a while, staring at his daughter. The man clearly wasn't too happy, but he wasn't mad either. He just seemed stressed and busy, not time for anything else at the moment.

"Hello?" A muffled voice on the other line of the phone questioned. The business man quickly regained conscious of the situation, eyes widening slightly as he answered back.

"Sorry sir, but I must go for the moment. I'll call back as soon as I can." Kyouka's father spoke into the phone. The other line answered with an 'Okay' sort of answer. As soon as Kyouka's father was done, he hung up, turning his phone off as he looked at his daughter.

"Kyouka. I'm busy, you know this." Her father said sadly yet with a firm and strict tone as he looked at her. He rushed over to his office desk and grabbed a small messenger leather bag where he stuffed and organised a portable laptop and many other files.

Kyouka frowned, looking downwards as she observed her father pack for work.

"Will you at least be there at dinner tonight?" The purple-haired teenager asked, a tint of hope in her voice, as if she was wishing the answer would be positive. Her father, however, only sighed. He picked up his glasses near his shelf as he put them on professionally, pushing them up the bridge of his nose.

"Kyouka." Her father started. "You know your mother and I are very busy.".

That was it for Kyouka. She couldn't take it anymore. The girl needed attention from her parents. All they did was ignore her all day. Her mother was barely home, and if she every did come home, it would only be for two days until she left again. As for her father, he worked at home occasionally, but most of the time he was at his workplace.

Kyouka lashed out. It wasn't the first time, of course, but she needed to express herself.

"You guys are never here!" Kyouka yelled, anger clearly shown in her tone and through her facial expression. "You don't have time for your own fucking daughter!".

Her father, to her disappointment, didn't move a muscle. His face stayed as cold and as expressionless as it previously was. Not even a blink. He looked at her, watched as two tears rolled down each eye, staining her now rosy cheeks that went red from her outrage.

The worst scenario she could imagine happened. Kyouka didn't care if her father's reaction was positive or negative, she just wanted a reaction, but all her father did was say nothing, grab the bag and walk past her, leaving the room like she was a mere piece of furniture in the office. Not a single word, not even a goodbye.

Kyouka stood there, shocked. At least before, her parents would give short apologies, but now they were just not there. Absent. No matter how many horrible, senseless and troublesome things she did, she would never get in trouble. And she hated it.

All she was asking for was for one reaction. Was it really that difficult.

Kyouka stormed out of the office and continued her original path. She rushed upstairs and threw her school bag against the wall, not caring if something in it broke. Completely frustrated and having her usual, yet traumatising mental breakdown, she headed towards a cabinet over her bed that she slept most rarely in, as she was mostly out partying or didn't sleep much in general.

Opening the cabinet door, she got a can of spray paint. She took off the lid violently as tears rushed down her face. The girl sniffed a lot, angered sobbing noises were heard. She sobbed from frustration. Shaking the can of spray paint, she looked up at her wall that was already covered in layers of writing that was incomprehensible.

She spray her bedroom wall for what seemed to be the thousandth time, because to be honest, it probably was. Bright red paint slowly spelled out 'fuck'. It really wasn't original, but it was all Kyouka could express at the moment, along with a couple of scribbles. She slowly was drowning into a large pit begging to be noticed. It was difficult when she was being brushed off by the most important role models in her life.

The purple-haired girl calmed down soon enough. Her hand loosened as she dropped the can. Some red paint was still leaking out, causing a mess that stained the floor once again, but Kyouka couldn't care less.

The next thing she knew was that she slowly walked over to her bed, falling onto it for the first time in what felt like weeks. Sobbing into her pillow, he tired eyes slowly closed themselves. She was probably going to sleep through the entire day tomorrow, but at this point, it wasn't much of an importance to her.