Chapter Seven

Amy's P.O.V

"Hi," Brandon says smiling at my Uncle, "I take it you're Amy's Uncle?"

"Not that I'm proud of it but yes I am," my Uncle says raising his eyebrows at Brandon. That's Brandon's sign that he should probably hurry this along.

Too bad Brandon is a pretty oblivious person.

         "Sorry for coming over so late," Brandon says holding his hand out for my Uncle to shake, " I wish we'd gotten to meet in a different scenario but I guess this will have to do. Anyhow, my name is Brandon. I'm Amy's boyfriend."

               I don't know how I expected my Uncle act when he finally found out about Brandon I didn't expect it to go very well.

My Uncle doesn't say anything.

                 He shakes Brandon's hand then steps to the side to let Brandon inside. Once Brandon steps inside and I look at my uncle I can already feel this taking a turn for the worst.

"I don't want to intrude," Brandon says, " but I just wanted to tell you that it's my fault for getting Amy home late. I guess I just lost track of time. So don't get mad at her because it's my fault."

           I look over at my Uncle and watch as a wicked grin spreads across his face.

"You two must think I was born yesterday," my Uncle says laughing, "son, Bryce was it? You don't have to cover up for my niece. I know what she does. Slut. She's probably got a different guy over every night and you're calling yourself her boyfriend? When exactly did you meet? This morning?"

                  When I look over at Brandon he looks shocked at first but then his eyebrows draw in, indicating that he's becoming upset.
"Sir," he says stepping toward my Uncle, "I'm going to ask that you refrain from talking about my girlfriend like that, and to answer your  question we've been together for over three years an-"

"-And you still haven't found out about any of the other guys?" My Uncle says cutting in, "Brody I have to say you must not be the brightest."

                   Just as quickly as my Uncle finishes his sentence Brandon has him pinned up against the wall.

"Mr. Carson," Brandon says calmly, " I suggest that you stop talking about my girlfriend."

"Or what?"

"I was thinking something along the lines of sticking me foot up your ass."

"Brandon stop," I say, "he doesn't know what he's saying. He's drunk. This is how he usually is."

"Fuck you," my Uncle slurs.

               That's when Brandon's fist connects with my Uncle's jaw.

I swear I need a  pause and calm down button for Brandon.

                      There's blood flying everywhere as Brandon and my Uncle go at it. I sink to the floor and cover my ears with my hands and I squeeze my eyes shut. As they continue to fight I can still hear my Uncle yelling absurdities about me. But the one that hurts the most is when he yells. "your parents never even wanted you! You little fat assed slut, you're the fucking reason they're dead! You gave their life hell and now that they're dead you're passing it on to me!"

After another minute of so it goes silent.

"Hey babe," I hear Brandon's voice say, "c'mon you're staying with me tonight."

                   I open my eyes to find that I've huddled up in a small ball in the corner of the room. I have tears streaming down my face and my Uncle is laying on the floor across the room.

Is he dead?

"Don't worry," Brandon says as if reading my thoughts, " he's not dead so much as unconscious."

                Brandon doesn't wait for my response. He picks me up and carries me out to his car before running inside to grab my books and whatnot.

            Once Brandon gets back into his car and we back out of the driveway Brandon asks, "why didn't you ever tell me your Uncle was such a douche?"

"Because that's just how he is. Especially after his wife divorced him. I didn't see any reason to around talking about how fucked up my Uncle actually is." I say looking out the window.

                We stay silent for the rest of the ride back to Brandon's house but I already know the question Brandon is dying to ask once we get there. When we get back to his house and he makes no move to get out of the car I take that as a sign that I'm not supposed to move either.

"Amy," Brandon says turning to look over at me, " has he ever touched you?"

There it is.

"What do you mean?" I ask dumbly.

"You know damn well what I mean," I can tell that he's not going to be able to keep calm if I keep toying with him like this, "has he ever hit you?"

"Yes," I say in a voice so small I'm not even sure he heard me.

                  Brandon doesn't say anything for the next several minutes. When I look at him he has his fists clenched tightly and he's staring down at his lap.

"Brandon I'm sorry."

"Is that why you started coming to school with bruises after your parents died?" Brandon asks looking back up at me, "and why I've never been able to come over since?"

"Yes," I say, "my Uncle has always believed it was my fault that my parents died. I guess I can't blame him, it kind of was."

"It wasn't," Brandon states sharply, "and I guess that settles it. You're staying here. I don't want you going near that jackass ever again."

         With that he climbs out his door and starts walking towards the house. I jump out of the car and follow him, not even attempting to argue with him. Once Brandon gets angry about anything there's no use in arguing with him. Besides I'd much rather live in heaven with Brandon than in hell with my Uncle.

           When we step inside I follow Brandon to the kitchen and when we get there we find no other than Lysander Carrow standing in only his boxers making what looks to be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Nice ass Lysander," Brandon says smirking.

"Hey Brand-" Lysander stops himself when he sees me standing there on the verge of having a heart attack due to the expression of horror that passes over his face when he sees me.

"Is this how everyone greets each other in this house?" I ask still giggling, " is so then you do have a very nice ass Lysander. But it definitely doesn't fit your scrawny legs."

         He blushes before speeding out of the room. Probably in pursuit of some pants.

"You never tell me I have a nice ass," Brandon pouts.

"Because some people just don't have one," I say walking into the living room, " and you're one of them."

"You'd better be careful before I change my Facebook status to single."

"That would be a bad idea Brandon," I laugh, "you're the only reason I'm not being trampled by guys. If you change your status to single that means I'm a free pringle to mingle."

"You wouldn't get trampled by guys," he smirks.

"What makes you so sure?"

"I bet you if I change my status to single from now until the end of school tomorrow not more than two guys will flirt with you."

"Guess that means I should change my status too," I say, "okay?"

"Okay."

"Maybe okay will be our always," I say grinning."

"Isn't that from ,like, Frozen or something?"

"It's from The Fault In Our Stars you idiot," Lysander says as he walks into the room fully clothed.

"Thank you!" I shout, "if only I could get Brandon to be as open minded as you about reading books.

"Oh no," he says, " I haven't read it yet. I have the book and the quote is on the back of it. I have a photographic memory."

"Well at least you have the book," I grunt pulling out my phone. "Anyway a deal's a deal." With that I change my Facebook status to single.

            I walk over to Brandon's couch  and plop down on the  thirty thousand dollar cushions.

"This couch will be my home for the next several years," I say before I snuggle up to the side of the couch and almost instantly fall asleep.

Hey guys!! Sorry if this chapter may seem kind of short and crappy but I've been having a writer's block sort of thing going on. I've been testing and reading all week and I'm super tired but anyhow I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. There's a picture of Amy's Uncle off to the side----}

Until next time my little wattpadians.

Instagram:momo36235
Gmail:momo36235@gmail.com

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan