Chapter Eleven

• Dedicated to Alyssa Marie Miller

 Amy's P.O.V

 Brandon continues to ignore me for the rest of the morning but it's not like he hasn't done this to me before. Whenever he's mad or doesn't get his way he just stops talking. This is where the rich white kid comes out in Brandon and he becomes kind of snobby because he doesn't get what he wants but over the past few years I've learned to get over it and let him have his space. If he doesn't want to talk so be it.

Anyway in other news, apparently after what happened Mr. Felton up and disappeared, but I've noticed that Ben has sort of been hovering around me. Literally almost every time I look up he's either staring at me or leaning against the wall talking to one of his gang members while he keeps sneaking glances at me.

I don't know why but it's starting to make me feel self conscious.

“Have you even been listening to me?” Bethany asks snapping her fingers in front of my face.

“Oh sorry,” I say shaking my head as we sit down at our lunch table.

“I was asking whether or not you're still coming over today, it is Friday,” she reminds me.

“Oh yeah, of course I'm still coming over.”

“Hello ladies,” I hear Brandon's voice say as he sits down in the seat beside me. His cheeks are red and he looks slightly flustered as if he had just gone running.

“I thought you were avoiding me,” I say looking over at him.

“I could never avoid you,” he says frowning.

“Really? Then where've you been all morning?”

“Um-”he falters slightly before saying, “coach called us in for a quick pre-practice. You know, because we have a game tonight, Yeah...”

Now, I've known Brandon long enough to know when he's lying to me, and he's known me long enough to be able to tell when I know he's lying to me so the most he can hope for is that I just let it slide. I usually just let it slide because it's rare that he actually lies to me so this time I don't say anything. But I do stare him down, resulting in him giving me a cheeky smile before returning to his food.

Maybe I should talk to him now....

“Brandon where were you this morning?” I ask him again.

“I just told you,” he says frowning again.

“Brandon I can tell when you're lying to me.”

“Amy,” he says with mock concern, “what kind of relationship would this be without trust?”

Besides me Bethany sneezes rather loudly and collapses on my shoulder.

“Sorry,” she says after a second, “ I'm allergic to bullshit.”

“Well I'm allergic to bitches,” Brandon retorts narrowing his eyes at her.

“You know what Brandon? Why don't you just go shove your head up whatever bitch's ass you're sleeping with and leave Amy alone?”

I set my head down on the table and continue to block out their bickering, which isn't an easy task but is still doable.

“Hey bubbles,” I hear someone say as a hand taps the top of my head.

Both Bethany and Brandon go quiet.

There isn't much that actually shuts them up.

I look up to find Ben sitting directly in front of me grinning from ear to ear.

“Really, bubbles is what you decided on?” I ask smirking at him.

“I'm still working on it,” he laughs.

“What're you doing here?” Bethany asks him disgust laced in her tone which is no big surprise since Bethany hates Ben's guts.

For what reason I do not know.

“Careful Bethany,” he says smirking over at her, “you're skimming dangerous grounds.

Surprisingly she stops talking.

“What'd you want Stanton?” Brandon asks sounding almost tired.

“I'm just here to keep everyone up to date,” he grins, “sunshine word about what happened with Mr. Felton is starting to spread. I heard that Principal Roy wants to talk to you and that the police are getting involved. Just thought I'd warn you ahead of time.”

“Aw thanks Ben,” I say my voice laced with sarcasm, “ you're always looking out for me.”

“That doesn't mean my intentions are pure,” Ben says smirking at me again, “truly I'm still just trying to get laid.”

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

 A few hours later after Brandon scored the winning touchdown for his team and I said no to about five guys from the other school, I end up back at Bethany's house.

“Hey Charlotte,” I say to Bethany's mom as we walk into the kitchen.

“Amy!” She exclaims, “ it's been so long! How are you?”

“I was here last Friday,” I laugh as she pulls me into a hug, “and I'm doing well.”

“Fantastic,” she smiles as she walks over to the refrigerator, “do you kids want something to eat?”

“Popcorn,” Bethany replies, “ and while you're doing that I'm going to be quizzing Amy.”

This happens every Friday I come over. She'll ask me random stuff about my week while her mom makes us popcorn, then after that we might watch a movie or play call of duty or something like that. Brandon hates that I'm over Bethany's house on Fridays because I usually miss the parties after he wins his games.

“So my first question,” Bethany says as she hops on top of the counter, “the other day I was at your Uncle's house.-”

uh-oh.

I can already feel this question taking a turn for the worst.

“-When I got there,” she continues, “you were sitting on your front steps. When I went to say hi you asked me and I quote do you know where I can find someone who looks just like me?  So I said Brandon's house. Then I gave you directions and all I could think was, what the hell just happened?

It takes me a minute to understand because I don't remember any of what she just said actually happening. But then I remember Lacey telling me that a girl gave her directions to Brandon's house.

“Okay,” I say finally, “we have a lot to talk about.”

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

 About twenty minutes later I'm sitting on the couch with Bethany and Charlotte and I've finally finished explaining my whole week to them, leaving out anything about my Uncle though.

“So what I took from that story was that you were nearly raped but you were rescued by a naked hot guy,” Bethany says nodding her head as if she's gotten it all figured out.

I swear explaining things to her is the equivalent of explaining to a bag of rocks.

“No Ben was fully clothed,” I tell her, “but the thing with him is he's annoying as hell! But how am I supposed be mean to him after he saved my ass from being raped? I'm basically indebted to him.”

“You aren't thinking about sleeping with him are you?” Bethany asks.

“No.” I say tiredly, “but I can't tell him to fuck off anymore when he just randomly pops up, and I can already tell Brandon is getting a little pissed off.”

“You could always just dump-”

“I'm not dumping Brandon Bethany!”

“Alright,” she says holding up her hands defensively, “I'm sorry. It was just a suggestion.”

“Whatever.”

“You know what my mom used to tell me?” Charlotte asks looking over at me after a few minutes of not saying anything, “every girl needs at least three guys in her life. The one she loves. The one she hates. And the one she can't live without. But in the end they're all the same guy.”

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Surprise!! Late night update, I figure that this proably makes up for updating a day late. Anyhow hope you all liked this mini chapter i put together. You'll being seeing a little more of Lysander next chapter and there are quite a few more surprises in store. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!

Instagram: momo36235
Email: momo36235@gmail.com

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan