Chapter Twenty Nine

Brandon's P.O.V

So is this what it feels like to finally be pushed to the edge? I mean I know I brought this upon myself, yeah I'm a bad guy. I've cheated on my girlfriend -whom I love very much- with her best friend. I brought Lysander into this whole mess. I screwed my life up. I don't have any other people to care about anymore, my parents don't really want me, Amy hates my guts, I could care less about Bethany, and Lysander's practically gone. Hell I'm not even a huge fan of myself right now, hence the reason I'm sitting on the edge of this cliff.

This cliff was me and Amy's hangout spot growing up. We'd come here when we just needed to think together and this is the first time I've ever actually been here by myself. This is also the first time I've ever actually thought about jumping. I mean fuck me right? I'm the villan everyone wants dead. I'm stereotypical, I would never deserve Amy because she's just so real.

Fuck.

I don't know what Im thinking anymore. My thoughts are screwed up. If I'm not thinking of Amy I'm thinking of Lysander and vice versa. I don't know what I thought coming up to this god forsaken cliff would do for me but it's obviously not helping. I'm so pathetic.

"Brandon?" I hear her voice behind me, but it doesn't surprise me. I saw her stand up when I made a move to leave that hospital room. Maybe she knew what I was thinking about doing. I really am a selfish bastard.

"What're you doing here?" I ask not looking back at her.

"Same reason as you I suppose," she says walking over and sitting next to me. This time I look over at here, but I don't see the strong confident Amy I usually see.

Instead she just looks tired.

She's slouching inn fact, something she usually never does. She looks beat up. Her eyes are awfully red and she looks very pale. I wonder if any of that is how I look right now. Like I've been run over by a truck three times before being shoved to the curb.

She offers me small smile.

I don't know how she can even manage to look me in the eye at this point. I cheated on her and yet she's still trying to make me feel better.

Stop jumping to conclussions asshole, she might not even be here for you.

"So I guess he's gone," I say my voice cracking a little.

"Well maybe not," she says rather optimistically, "doctors mess thing like this up all the time..."

"Not this time," I say a little harsher than intended. "My Aunt hired some of the best doctors. I highly doubt they screwd anything up."

"So negative, "she says leaninng back on her elbows.