Chapter Ten

Amy's P.O.V

Long hair.

Brunette.

Maybe around 5'6.

Faint sign of freckles.

Blue eyes.

It's almost like looking into a mirror.

She looks exactly like me. But I don't have a twin. I don't have a sister. I don't even have a sibling.

Yet she looks just like me.

Maybe I've been cloned.

                            She stands up. Her mouth open wide as she gapes at me. I suppose I look exactly like her right now.

“I didn't believe them,” she says almost as if to herself.

She sounds almost like me but her voice is slightly deeper.

“Who are you?” I hear Ben ask in a very seductive manner.

Of course.

I'm in the middle of a crisis and that's all he can think about.

“Lacey,” the girl says still staring at me, “Lacey Carson.”

“You have a twin?” Brandon asks standing up.

“Apparently,” I say hesitantly, “I'm sure there's some valid scientific reason as to why this is happening.”

“They never told you?” Lacey asks frowning.

“Told me what?”

“Um, maybe we should sit down or something,” Brandon suggests. “Maybe we can figure out what the hell is happening. But first, before I kick you out why the fuck is he here?” He points over at Ben.

“Brandon we can talk about that later,” I say sitting down on the couch. “Now will someone please explain to me what the hell is going on and why I all of a sudden seem to have acquired a twin sister?” I ask looking at Lacey to avoid Brandon's death stare.

“I'm kind of surprised your mom and dad never told you about me,” she says sitting down next to me.

“What'd you mean by my mom and dad exactly, aren't they yours too?”

“Well I've never actually met them,” she says looking down at he lap, “but by blood yes I suppose they would be my biological parents. You would'nt remember it but when we were born our parents started out kind of poor-”

Actually my parents used to tell me all the time that before we got all of our money and whatnot there was a time when we had nothing. They'd always tell me to count my blessings and take nothing for granted. They never took anything for granted.

“-They didn't have the money to provide for both you and I. So they decided to give custody of one of us to their parents-” I didn't know this, “They believed that after they got everything going again they'd come back and get me so we could all ride off into the sunset together. But apparently they had this huge argument with our grandparents and in the end I was just left with them.”

I'd always wondered why I had never gotten to meet my grandparents.

“How do you know all of this?” I ask her.

“Ever since I was seven my parents, or I guess grandparents as you would call them, would always tell me I had a twin sister. I guess I never actually believed them until now.”

“Okay I think I understand most of this but how the hell did you get the address for my house?” Brandon asks sitting in the seat beside me.

“My family travels a lot,” she says, “so I move from place to place. About a year ago I got into contact with out uncle and I got and address so I could come to at least attempt to meet my real parents-” I wonder if she knows what happened to them yet, “-my dad is down here on a business trip so I thought I'd tag along. I went to your uncle's house earlier but he was drunk but there was a girl outside who gave me directions to here. So here I am.”

“Wow,” I say.

“Yeah,” she nods, “so, um, why're you living with your uncle exactly? Are your parents away or something.”

At this point I can't even do anything but stare at her. Not only did our parents leave her but she'll never get the chance to meet them. She's probably traveled miles and I don't want to be the one to have to explain to her that the reason they aren't here anymore is me.

“Well,”Brandon says clapping his hands together in an attempt to save me from and awkward silence, “I think we can answer that question another time. But I'd still like to know why my girlfriend was out until three in the morning with this,” he says standing up as he gestures towards Ben.

“Oh goodie I've been upgraded to this now,” Ben says walking over towards Brandon, “now while you were off running around or throwing some ball down a field or what-the-fuck-not,” Ben starts poking Brandon in his chest, “I was saving YOUR fucking girlfriend from getting raped, and frankly I'm getting a little tired of your smart ass remarks Jennings.”

“Raped?” Brandon asks looking down at me with wide eyes.

“Mr. Felton...” I say trailing off.

“I knew I shoud've kicked his ass when I had the chance.”

“Already taken care of,” Ben says crossing his arms over his chest.