Chapter Nineteen

Ben's P.O.V

I almost kissed her.

I was so extremely close to kissing her but something stopped me. I just can't kiss her while she's still dating Brandon. She doesn't know that he's been cheating on her and she'll blame me for making her cheat on him.

She isn't going to make this easy for me.

If I could just figure out a way to expose him she'd be mine. The only problem is I barley ever see Jennings, and it's not like I can just predict when he's going to be cheating on her next.

I need help.

Maybe I can talk it over with that nerd that punched me the last time. I'm sure he'd be glad to expose Jennings to Amy. But I'm not sure he'll believe me. But on the other hand I do need someone who sees Jennings everyday...

Lacey.

I can ask Lacey if she'll help me. Maybe she can stay at his house a few days. But I'd also need Amy to be gone for a few days.

Who am I kidding?

If you want something done do it yourself. I don't need them I've got my own squad of people who can help me out.

Speaking of squad as I walk down the beach I spot Jake, Aaron, and a few of our other friends running around with paintball guns shooting at each other.

Yup, this is exactly why we come to the beach.

"Yo dude!" Jake shouts at me waving before he's tackled to the ground by my good pal David.

The rest of our crew all go to different schools. Altogether there are six of us. Aside from Jake, Aaron, and me the other three people are Wes, Mason, and Alex. Alex is short for Alexandria she just so happens to be the only chick I don't ever plan on sleeping with.

"What happened to you?" Aaron ask walking up to me and ignoring Jake's pleas for help.

"Nothing I just went for a walk," I say although I already know they won't believe me. I have literally never went on a walk without there being a reason for me taking that walk.

"Did your walk have something to do with that girl we saw you run off after?" Alex asks walking up behind me.

"No..." I say trailing off.

"Well it should've she had great boobs," Alex says poking my shoulder.

Yes in case you haven't figured it out yet, Alex does bat for the other team. Hence the reason why I haven't slept with her and probably never will.

"He's blushing," Wes says laughing as he walks up to join us. Wes is a pretty tall guy as he has reached the 6'4 mark, but it doesn't scare me. Wes is honestly a big softie, he couldn't win a fight with me even if I had two hands tied behind my back and my head was decapitated.

Yes I know, that is kind of morbid.

" Anyhow," Aaron says dragging out the word, "was Amy the name of the girl you were chasing down the beach by any chance?"

I don't say anything.

But that's what gives it away.

"Ah dude what have I told you?" David asks suddenly popping up in front of me too. "You can't try and snag a girl who's already snagged."

"But the snagger of the girl is a cheater David," I tell him running a hand through my hair, "the snagger doesn't deserve her. He isn't worthy to snag the girl."

"All you really want to do is have sex with her so what does it matter?" Alex asks turning around and walking off towards where all our beach towels and whatnot are.

"Maybe I don't only want to have sex with her," I say following behind her with the guys trailing not too far behind me.

Alex sits down on her blanket and I plop down next to her. everyone else kind of follows our lead and finds a spot on one of the many beach towels we brought with us.

Alex looks at me for a few seconds before laughing out loud.

"Benjamin Stanton wanting more than sex?" She says still giggling her ass off, "that is certainly unheard of. What makes you think she'd want you anyways?"

I almost say it but I decided to keep the almost kiss to myself. Some things go better unexplained. Plus if I told Wes I almost helped Amy cheat on her boyfriend he'd probably slap me, and I know that I said that I could take Wes in a fight but he packs a hard slap.

"I just have a feeling," I begin to explain to them, " that after she finds out about Jennings she'll see that I'm a much better guy than him and she'll come running to me."

"Yeah for one night," Aaron snorts, "she'll realize that you're a good lay and sleep with you just to get back at Jennings."

"No she won't," I say not trying to convince them so much as trying to convince myself. "Amy isn't like that, she wouldn't do that."

"Every girl is like that," Alex says, "if you think that she's just going to show up on your doorstep after finding out her boyfriend cheated on her you're wrong. If you think you can do the whole damsel in distress thing and be her knight to swoop in and save her without just being a one night stand you're wrong."

"I think he gets it," Aaron says giving me a look filled with pity.

"Wait I thought that was his reason for doing all of this," Jake says his eyebrows furrowing in confusion, "Brandon cheating equals Amy finding out equals sad Amy equals Ben getting laid."

"Ben wants to get more than laid sweetie," Alex says mockingly.

"So he wants her to give him head too?" Jake asks still extremely confused.

"No he wants a relationship," Wes says slapping the back of Jake's head.

While Jake whines about the back of his head hurting I think over what Wes just said. Do I really want a relationship with this girl who seems to loathe me? I mean I know I really want her to be mine, but I don't know if that's for the best. Maybe she's right and I don't need a relationship right now.

My mom always tells me that when I find the right girl I need to treat her right. My mother knows how I act around the other girls and she doesn't exactly encourage it but she said that when I think I find the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with I need to show her I actually care.

I need to be the exact opposite of my dad. I need to prove to Amy that I may not be the most worthy guy for her to give her time too but if she'll give me the chance I'll try and be that guy.

I just need a little more time to prove to her I can be that guy.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Finally!! I know it took me forever to update again but in my defense I've had a lot of catching up to do in school. Especially since my teacher believes in assigning homework over spring break. Anyhow I'm going to try and update my other stories too but no promises, I barely fit updating this story in. Things are getting tight, graduation is right around the corner for me, hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! Check out the poster off to the side---}}}

Instagram: momo36235
Email:momo36235@gmail.com

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan