Chapter Thirty One

Amy's P.O.V

"You know, Jennings is a real piece of work," Ben says breaking the silence that has grown between us. We've been driving around for the past twenty minutes. I'm not exactly sure where he's taking us and I've noticed that Brandon's cat has been trailing behind us ever since we left.

"You're telling me," I say chuckling. "Where are we going?"

"To shoot people," he says sarcasm laced in his tone. "We should probably lose Jennings first though, don't you think baby cheeks?"

"Again with the nicknames?"

"I still haven't decided whether or not to stick with kitten," he says smiling over at me. "So I'll just keep trying until I find one that fits. "Now buckle up. I'm about to show you how to ditch people. Pay close attention."

I don't even have time to tell him  to nnot try anything before he swerves and takes a right. I, of course, bumo my head on the window as Ben sontinnues to speed up.

"Christ calm down," I say before looking over at him.

He looks undeniably tasty right now, with his v-neck and the corners of his mouth turned up. I can't help but notice how much he reminds me of Tom Cruise as we wind through the streets trying to evade my ex-boyfriend.

"No claming down here," Ben says grinning over at me. "You have to learn how to walk on the wild side every once in a while, Ms. Carson."

"Does walking on the wild side always consist of car chases?"

"Fifteen percent of the time."

I look back behind us through my window, not surprised in the least whenn I don't see Brandon behind us. Brandon was probably much more surprised than I was when he saw Ben speed off and I know he didn't try following after us because Brandon honestly isn't one to take a walk on the "wild side" either.

"Where are you seriously taking me?" I ask after he finally starts driving at a normal speed again.

"I told you we're going to shoot people."

"Just tell me Ben."

"We're shooting people," he says shaking his head. "I'm not answering the question again."

As we continue to drive Ben decides to introduce me to his collection of music. The only two bands I recognize out of all thirty six of the ones he had me listen to were All Time Low and Greenday.

"You must not listen to a lot of music," he says turning down the music a few notches.

"never much time to listen to music," I say shrugging. "What with all the car accidents, school and my boyfriend cheating, it all kind of gets in the way of me having much time to have any freedom."