Chapter Twenty Eight

Amy's P.O.V

I watch Brandon's facial expressions change from angry to shocked to terrified. Maybe one of his other side chicks found out he was cheating.

"Fuck," Brandon says placing his hand on his head. His whole face has completely turned into a pale white color.

"Be there in a few," Brandon says still speaking into the phone, his words are rushed. "I-I left my, um, car. Back at the house. I g-gotta run back real quick."

I watch Brandon closely. Something must have happened. Brandon pulls the phone away from his ear and just stares at it for a moment before snapping back into reality, shoving his phone back into his pocket.

"I have to go," he says looking up at me with an apology aparent in his eyes. "Something important just came up."

"More important thatn me?" I ask glaring at him.

"Lysander got into a car accident," his jaw clenches as he says this, "I'm leaving."

That can't be right. I just saw Lysander not too long ago, Brandon must be lying again so he doesn't have to talk about what he did. Lysander was fine when I last saw him. Okay maybe he wasn't fine, I guess he did punch a tree, but he has to be fine. If anything happens to someone it can't be Lysander, he's too good of a guy.

"We have to go," I look up to see Ben tugging on my arm. Brandon is no where to be seen, probably already on his way to the hospital or something.

I follow Ben silently. It's more like he's dragging me by the wrist though. I don't register anything as Ben and I climb onto his motorcycle. The words Lysander and accident just keep running through my mind. I wrap my hands around Ben's torso to ensure I don't fall off.

"Hold on tight," Ben says patting my hand, "we'll get there soon. Just hold on."

I follow Ben's orders and rest my head on his back as he speeds out of the parking lot. I squeeze my eyes shut as we ride. After a whileI feel us slow to a stop and a hand touches my shoulder.

"Don't cry," Ben says touching my cheek as I slowly open my eyes, "I'm a sympathetic cryer. Plus I'm a pretty ugly cryer so I'm sure you wouldn't want to see that."

I don't say anything but I watch Ben closely as he hops off the bike and holds one hand out to me. He's been different lately and I don't even know why. He didn't have to talk to me after I found out about what Brandon was doing and he didn't have to come to this hospital with me.

He's been actiang like he actually cares, and it's confusing the hell out of me.

After a few stumbled steps once I'm off the bike, Ben takes it upon himself to once again carry me bridal style. I'm too out of it to even try to fight him at this point.

As we enter the hospital the first thing I see is Brandon, his parents, Lysander's parents, and a few other people whom I heavn't met yet. Ben sets me down when Brandon looks over and glares at us.